ferrari future...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
yin
yin

ferrari future...

will ferrari have no title sponsor next season????

johny

yes, who said that. They'll continue as Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

Spyker MF1

I think he may be refering to (shamefully) tobacco sponsoring being first out of F1.

I to thought tobacco sponsoring was being completely abolished next season or in a couple of seasons time
Best F1 games on the net for free check
http://batracer.com/ and
http://b3.f1managerpro.com/index.php

m3_lover

They can not show the sponsorship on tv because of EU laws.... but they can still be sponsored by cigarette companies
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

yin
yin

sorry,my bad...so can they show the marlboro logo on the car or driver suit??? :)

JimmyK

Ferrari will still be sponsored primarily by Marlboro. I'm not entirely sure what the laws are for the tobacco ban. Is it banned at every race, or just the ones in countries where it is disallowed (the EU races, for example). I recall someone from Marlboro saying that people associate that weird red and white striped bit on the Ferrari (that takes the place of the Marlboro branding) being synonymous with their brand anyway, hence their decision to carry on.

Saribro

Also, on the after-race press conference for example, any time a Ferrari is on the podium, Marlboro gets mentioned, their name is still in a lot of press releases or text ads,....
And with people recognising the red bars as Marlboro anyway, and the added mentioning during talks about this tobacco-ad ban, they might even be getting more out of the ban right now than they would without it :).

janus

Some time ago a spokeman from marboro sayd that the brand is so well know in tv ,ect that only the white strips on the back of the ferrari car is enougth for the people to see that is ""marlboro "" so i think that the sponsor remains the same only the name is gone the only question about is vodaphone is gone ....and now what only marlboro as mains sponsor???

but as for ferrari future it is going do be focus on kimi the rest is history ferrari was it all the money the car ,fiat on their back now les wait and see if kimi is not a kid beacause in ferrari there are no space por lack of discipline not whend you are tryibg to fill shumacher seat and there are 1 ou 2 ohter drivers that can do that in the future but now if not kimi i dont really now anyone else.

mx_tifoso

It's regarding the future of Ferrari, most noticably its driver line-up until 2010! I'm very pleased to here that Felipe Massa will continue to drive for the Scuderia until the '10 season! He deserves it without a doubt and we all know it is his dream come true, to only drive for this uniquely special FormulaOne team. Besides Massa continuing until '10, Raikkonen is contracted up until the '09 season. An excellent driver pairing if you ask me, no need to explain why. Seeing how if Ferrari could produce more reliable packages for the upcoming seasons, these two young drivers should be able to deliver remarkable results. Hopefully recapturing the DC and CC crowns many more times for the Prancing Horse :!:

Felicidades Felipinho!

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/7424

:arrow: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63353
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Tom

Hooray, I'm pleased for them both, assuming theres no controversy next year we should all be in for an excellent title fight.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

kimi

i am happy for both the drivers.i.e kimi n massa.
but the only thing that worries me is that ferrari has always had a no1 driver and a supporting driver.though this year it was quite straight forward,but i wonder whether ferrari will be able to give equal preference to both the drivers.we have already seen what happened in mclaren this season,dont we?? :)

Rob W

The cigarette sponsorship issue covers all manner of branding/naming. F1 teams wont be able to side-skirt the TV/broadcast rules by having the logo on the driver's overalls. No way.

Each country has it's own laws relating to what is allowed to be broadcast, shown at public events or in any form of advertising. The European Union will generally have a blanket policy in the future. Asia/US/South America/Middle East will have their own laws.

Aside from that F1 itself has a tobacco advertising ban which would prevent a team from naming itself Honda Dunhill Cigarettes Racing. Ferrari will drop the "Marlborough" from its name.

Ferrari, from what I've heard, will continue to be funded by Marlborough but will run their cars red with a plain white air-box. They wont even be allowed to have the classic red/white ciggie/box design on the drivers overalls anymore either.

Rob W

modbaraban

What about the barcode?

megz

I'd imagine the barcode thing, so long as it isn't used as the actual branding on the cigarettes, would be allowed. Its advertising through association, but not obvious.

Jordan used to be sponsered by Benson and Hedges in races where tobacco advertising was disallowed they changed it to Be on Edge

Clever, no?

pnagy

I think that Ferrari and Marlboro have a contract until 2010 or 2011