question for schumi fans

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Venom

question for schumi fans

Since your hero isn't behind the wheel anymore, who is your next man?
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

johny

IMO they'll become raikkonists

pompelmo

altough he's not racing anymore he'll stll be the man...I'm a ferrari fan, so I simply don't care that much..

manchild

Ralf :mrgreen:

janus

the problem about shumacher riterement is this every year there is a championship and one winner from time to time the same person win 2 liki mika hakinnen in a suberb way but only few become a legend a shumacher is one so next year i have no fovorite driver alonso may became a great driver we lacks the touch with the fans even if you think shumacher is a bad person you still talk about him alonso does not mark the fans i think mayby beacause of the him or renault are to much conservative just remenber the last two championship the by half season they here taking the foot of the gas.

Let look at him at mclaren lest look at kubica ,ect mayby this time next year we are talking about a bourn of a legend.

I am a shumi fans but i am frist a fan of the sport and only a fan of the drivers they realyy make the sport great

DaveKillens

This may be a bit of bass ackwards, but now that Schumacher has finally retired, I can come out of the closet and be a Ferrari fan again.

ketanpaul

That is a really good question and I thought about it for around 2 days after schumi's last gp. Although i do believe that kimi is an awesome driver, out of the cockpit, he doesnt really have a rapport with anyone. The reason I liked schumi was not just his driving but also his personality, character and humility - which is where kimi fails to impress me. The closest person in the paddock to schumi's character is button. he loves his pit crew, has a great rapport with everybody and is one helluva driver, so I really want him to be a consistent race winner next season. However, I will definetley remain a Ferrari fan and although I want/know that kimi is gonna be flying, my heart is with Felipe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

manchild

DaveKillens wrote:This may be a bit of bass ackwards, but now that Schumacher has finally retired, I can come out of the closet and be a Ferrari fan again.
Even with Schuey on the pitwall as satan's little helper? :shock:

Carbon

\:D/ Raikkonen \:D/ + [-o< Ferrari [-o< = 2007 World Champions

Tom

My money's on Massa, I like Ferrari alot more now.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

allan

it would be riakkonen for sure..
i was really a shumi fan because of his driving in first place, and the same thing for kimi... i mean i don't care about his damn personality!! it's his wife's job to do so :wink: :)

DaveKillens

manchild wrote:Even with Schuey on the pitwall as satan's little helper? :shock:
You know, I honestly believe Shu won't hang around Ferrari for long. He demanded an astronomical salary while driving, and most likely won't perform his future duties cheaply. The day will soon come when Willie Webber will make a demand that will force Ferrari to issue a press statement something like this. ... "Michael is moving forward and his personal life leaves little time and room for his activities with Ferrari. We wish him well, bla bla bla".

Venom

Great responses.

For me, I don't know - very confused. I guess time will tell.

Dave, I think you're right about schumi's future prediction. But,,,,, on the other hand it's schumi we're talking about here.
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

bhall

My loyalty has been with Ferrari, so I'll back whoever drives those cars. I guess in that regard, my interest in a particular driver is a passing thing.

I did thoroughly enjoy watching Schu behind the wheel though. Say what you will about his character and whatnot, he was a wizard on the track. I'll miss that.

That said, it will be nice to be able to support someone who's not a lightning rod for controversy. It'll be a welcome change of pace.

But I haven't quite decided if I'm going to be more for Kimi or Felipe. That choice would have been a helluva lot easier if I had to make it this time last year. Felipe really showed me something this season though. It'll be damn interesting to see how he progresses.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Ferrari will have the most interesting/competitive driver combo on the grid. I'm really looking forward to seeing it. Should be a great season.

Welcome back, Dave.

DaveKillens

Shu's history on money (like many) is to go after the biggest paycheck. Shu got his first ride in F1 via Jordan, but quickly dumped him for Benetton. After a few tremendous years which gave him his first two titles, he left for Ferrari, and a larger paycheck. p.s. Benetton was never the same without him, so much for loyalty.
He's a businessman, getting the maximum return for his talents. Personally, I have no problem with that, especially in the cruel world of racing. So just how much money can Ferrari justify spending on what he will contribute in the future?
At the time Shu was ascending, I was cheering for Jean Alesi, who was much better than his win record shows.