winter tests-Barcelona

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Tom

I can't see anything, are they testing all day through?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild

Timstr

Pretty unusual at this stage,
but McLaren were testing today with rear wing supports similar to the RA106 and F248.
Image[/img]

manchild

Timstr wrote:Pretty unusual at this stage,
but McLaren were testing today with rear wing supports similar to the RA106 and F248.
Kimi is doing great spying job already :lol:

BreezyRacer

Doesn't that rear wing look especially low on the McLaren? They must have some super tight bodywork to make all that happen.

Principessa

Nice pics...You took them?

f1.redbaron

manchild wrote:
Kimi is doing great spying job already :lol:
On the subject of spying, isn't that a Renault man spying on my Toyota?

joseff

Where's Spyker?

Principessa

They won't be testing before Christmas. It was announced by Colin Kolles in an interview, that you can find here in the newssection :wink: !

vyselegend

joseff wrote:Where's Spyker?
They were the only team not due to test this week, I think I read that on formula1.com last week.

Principessa

All the teams tested this week indeed, but Spyker will only do so in January! I think it's odd as they have a lot of work to do with the new car (as a 'new' team)! I don't quite understand why they aren't testing, as they need it :?

allan

i think spyker are messed up.. i don't mean the current team, but the old jordan team structure... it's the third year in a row, and they keep changing engines, chassies and even OWNERS!!!this can't be good in f1..

johny

seing SA progression, it's so probably to see them at the end of the grid

Reca

Principessa wrote: All the teams tested this week indeed, but Spyker will only do so in January! I think it's odd as they have a lot of work to do with the new car (as a 'new' team)! I don't quite understand why they aren't testing, as they need it :?
The problem is probably that the Ferrari engine wouldn’t fit in this year car without major work that they can’t (or prefer not to) afford, so have to wait for the new one.
Toyota engine probably isn’t available anymore, it depends by what kind of contract they had (till end of season or till end of year), but it seems to me that the relationship between the two parts didn’t end well.
Timstr wrote: Pretty unusual at this stage,
It looks like in the central part there are sort of vortex generators on the suction side.
And also the front wing has a pretty interesting feature regarding the nosecone mounts ;-)
[IMG:150:128]http://img319.imageshack.us/img319/2824 ... pz7.th.jpg[/img]