just wanna know who is better driver in your oponion.......

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Hondanisti

m3_lover wrote:Who cares... it is all subjective... here we go again
I'm with ya on that one....
Hungaroring 2006: Honda Stopped Dreaming & Got On With It!

INTEGRATION & LEARNING

DaveKillens

Of course it's all personal opinion. But it's part of being a fan to state your preferences and the reasons why.

Ciro Pabón

Hondanisti wrote: ... You may want to "save" this thread by first determining what criteria and confounders determine "best" and what "best" means...
Do you mean besides being The World Champion of The World Drivers Championship? :lol:

Ciro

Hondanisti

Ciro Pabón wrote: Do you mean besides being The World Champion of The World Drivers Championship? :lol:

between eras and different technologies and driving styles that even the drivers themselves can't compare when asked ?

lo siento,....let me clarify... por supuesto ! ;) :lol:

INTEGRATION & LEARNING

mx_tifoso

Ciro Pabón wrote:
Hondanisti wrote: ... You may want to "save" this thread by first determining what criteria and confounders determine "best" and what "best" means...
Do you mean besides being The World Champion of The World Drivers Championship? :lol:

si si si,entendemos que eres "fan" de alonso,pero los pocos records que tiene alonso no se comparan con muchos otros pilotos de la historia de F1,ni empieza a compararse con schumacher [-X ,pero puedes contestarme,"pero alonso tan solo tiene 25 anios de edad,aun puede alcanzar a schumacher". aun que alonso dure 10 anios mas en F1,no se podra comparar con lo que ha logrado schumacher, en su carrera de F1, en lo que ha hecho con su equipo(Scuderia Ferrari),simplemente sera algo inalcanzable durante varias decadas

Fan de la SCUDERIA FERRARI para SIEMPRE , sin duda cualquiera :!:
\:D/
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

DaveKillens

Championships, wins, and points are won by teams. The driver is an integral part of success, but even they cannot do well without a good car and team. So when you look purely at the dry statistics, it is not the definitive statement of a driver's abilities. True, just about every quality driver eventually finds top teams to propel them into the wins, so in the end usually the better drivers get the points.
But there have been arguably very good drivers who were on teams that didn't hold up their end. Witness Michael Schumacher's 2005 season, when the equipment left him far behind in his usual expected results.
Who knows what success Jacques Villeneuve may have enjoyed if he had stuck with a winning team. Or Emerson Fittipaldi if he had not finished his F1 career in a similar situation. Jean Alesi drove an uncompetitive and unlucky Ferrari for many years, to capture only one win.
Then we have drivers who never got an F1 seat either through crappy politics, or their own choice. And this leads me to make my own statement on who I considered the greatest of all. He never achieved success until the age of 37, then went on to win 5 titles, in different teams. Who can imagine if had been able to bring his talents to Formula One at a much younger age, and had been supported in the same fashion as Schumacher. And the co-holders of my decision were bright stars shooting through the heavens, who had their careers and lives tragically cut short at the still productive age of 32 and 34.
Juan-Manuel Fangio, James Clark Jr, and Ayrton Senna da Silva.

johny

me gusta el tono de este post, sobre todo la lengua :wink:

IMO we can't only messure quality just by WDC there're many issues inside and outside the track

mx_tifoso

this post is about who is YOUR favorite Formula 1 driver, we all know that a single driver cant win a championship, he and the team need each other,because, Formula 1 racing is a TEAM sport, so cut all the explanations about how the driver cant win by himself and such,simply explain who is YOUR favorite F1 driver,

y si, ami tmbn me gusta el idioma de este post, pero demasiada gente no sabe el tema del post, se trata de quien es tu piloto favorito de Formula 1

personalmente, mi piloto favorito de todos tiempos en formula 1 tendria que ser Michael Schumacher, piense lo que piense la gente de mi,pero ahora que se fue schumacher, tendria que ser Massa,tiene gran personalidad y creo que tiene mucho potencial para ser campeon mundial,y como tiene/tendra un coche magnifico no habra tanto que lo detenga de lograr esa meta en los proximos anios
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

DaveKillens

umm, I believe the original question was concerning better driver, not favorite. Big difference.

Ciro Pabón

mx_tifosi wrote:this post is about who is YOUR favorite Formula 1 driver...
I believe humbly, in my ignorance, that this thread is about who IS the best driver. "IS" is the present form of the verb to be.

I ask the jury to take notice that the adjective "favorite" appears on page 2 as well as the adverb "in history". (Dave made the same observation while I was writing this: I am amazed with the wisdom of this guy).

Relativism ("everything is relative") or denial ("best is equal to favorite") won't take you far. Nor writing in portuguese... :lol:

C'mon, what's wrong with enjoying the sweet moment in history in which a spaniard is the best pilot in the world (certified by FIA) for consecutive seasons? Actually, I think I am going to kill a couple of Miuras and dance a little flamenco later...

It's the first time and I am afraid, very afraid, it may be the last... :lol:

You know, between this November and next March the original question posted is EASY to answer. Next year... well, next year is next year.

Germany had their moment, Italy had theirs many times, France or England have had the best in the world, even Colombians (:lol:), for heavens sake!

Excuse me if the world seems to me "a beauty of a world", but I'm happy to proclaim that relativity goes as far as things are undecided. Yes, I know it is unfair. Perhaps next year (once Alonso has a bad season) you will convert me to the "relativity" party. Anyway, in that case I also love Brazilians, (go, Massa!).
Ciro

Hondanisti

let's try it another way:

which driver can make a mule look like it can run with the thoroughbreds?

in other words which driver can make a silk purse from a sow's ear currently?

it's easy to win when you have the best car-tire package/pit crew & strategist but what if you're underfunded or undertalented on the designer/engineering front ? who can bring a dog of a car up to a podium or top 4 challenger ?

INTEGRATION & LEARNING