2007 Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

2007 Season

I was checking up on Wikipedia about the 2007 season.. found some interesting things...

# All cars will be fitted with red, blue and yellow cockpit lights. The purpose is to give drivers information concerning track signals or conditions. The lights must be LEDs each with a minimum diameter of 5mm and which are fitted in order that they are directly in the driver’s normal line of sight. [26]
# In order to give rescue crews an immediate indication of accident severity each car must be fitted with a warning light which is connected to the FIA data logger. The light must face upwards and be recessed into the top of the survival cell no more than 150mm from the car centre line and the front of the cockpit opening and as near to the marshal neutral switch as is practical. [26]

Brawn, married to Jean, has 2 daughters, Helen and Amy. They live in Henley-on-Thames. (We got any members that live near there? )
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

nudge

Re: 2007 Season

m3_lover wrote:I was checking up on Wikipedia about the 2007 season.. found some interesting things...

# All cars will be fitted with red, blue and yellow cockpit lights. The purpose is to give drivers information concerning track signals or conditions. The lights must be LEDs each with a minimum diameter of 5mm and which are fitted in order that they are directly in the driver’s normal line of sight. [26]
This has been on the cars for a few years already...so far as i'm aware though, the FIA has never managed to get the system to work.

I think there will be a few more rules from the 2008 regs brought forward for 2007 too.

Spyker MF1

It was used by Toyota in Brazil. It is the Indy cars that already have them fitted. Good idea I think as it will help stop overtaking under heavy yellows or safety car. Button on Karthikeyan 2005 anyone
Best F1 games on the net for free check
http://batracer.com/ and
http://b3.f1managerpro.com/index.php

nudge

no idea about indy, but know they have been on F1 cars for years..
from this very site

Articles >>safety>>1990-1999
1999: Highly visible gloves recommended for signalling startline problems. "Marshal information Display" lights system to be fitted in cockpit. Seat belts must comply with FIA Standard 8853-98.

pompelmo

m3_lover wrote:# All cars will be fitted with red, blue and yellow cockpit lights. The purpose is to give drivers information concerning track signals or conditions. The lights must be LEDs each with a minimum diameter of 5mm and which are fitted in order that they are directly in the driver’s normal line of sight. [26]
http://www.formula1.com/insight/technic ... 9/359.html

mx_tifoso

Ferrari 2007 WCC :!: :D .................... :roll: .................... :(

:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/7140

:arrow: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/62608
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Belatti

Shame on you mx_tifosi!
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

mx_tifoso

Belatti wrote:Shame on you mx_tifosi!
Why :?:

Scuderia_Russ

What's with the:
mx_tifosi wrote:WCC :!: :D .................... :roll: .................... :(
?
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

modbaraban

m3_lover wrote:Brawn, married to Jean, has 2 daughters, Helen and Amy. They live in Henley-on-Thames.
Ross Brown and Jean Todt? :shock:

dats a revelation....

PNSD

World Constructors Championship :)

mx_tifoso

Scuderia_Russ wrote:What's with the:
mx_tifosi wrote:WCC :!: :D .................... :roll: .................... :(
?
Well, :D (Happy about 15th WCC)....... :roll: (nevermind, we don't really deserve it, who knows who really deserves it)........... :( (sad because its "sad" to win the 15th on these terms, Spy scandal, McLaren points taken away)

One of those bitter-sweet celebrations.

Belatti

You ask me why? You know why...
mx_tifosi wrote: because its "sad" to win the 15th on these terms, Spy scandal, McLaren points taken away)

One of those bitter-sweet celebrations.
I would be ashamed for celebrating a WCC in that way. :oops:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

Belatti

Also ask me who is the 1997 sub-champion and I´ll tell you Michael Schumacher.
What FIA does with points has nothing to do with anything to me.