2007 numbers

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
pRo

2007 numbers

McLaren
1 Fernando Alonso
2 Lewis Hamilton

Renault
3 Giancarlo Fisichella
4 Heikki Kovalainen

Ferrari
5 Felipe Massa
6 Kimi Räikkönen

Honda
7 Jenson Button
8 Rubens Barrichello

BMW
9 Nick Heidfeld
10 Robert Kubica

Toyota
11 Ralf Schumacher
12 Jarno Trulli

Red Bull
14 David Coulthard
15 Mark Webber

Williams
16 Nico Rosberg
17 Alex Wurz

Toro Rosso
18 ?
19 ?

Spyker
20 Christijan Albers
21 ?

Super Aguri
22 Takuma Sato
23 Anthony Davidson
Last edited by pRo on 07 Dec 2006, 08:23, edited 1 time in total.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Steven
Owner

As you can also see here: http://www.f1technical.net/news/4457 ;)

Anyway, car number 2 is not bad for a rookie.
And may I also remark that lots of people who became champion were driving car number 7... :idea:

Also, it's quite interesting to see Kova in the Renault. If he drives well and Renault can keep up the pace, he could even become champion in his first year of driving. I can't personally recall any other driver doing that, but some other people here might :?:

Reca

pRo wrote: 21 Kuljettajaa ei vahvistettu
My automatic translator gives :
“Spyker owners really don’t care about the name, face, origin, gender of the person that will sit in the second car; they made it clear that it doesn’t matter if he/she will need a note on the steering wheel to remember that left is brake and right is throttle as long as he/she can put on the table enough money to make them happy for couple of years”

Is it close enough ? ;-)

Principessa

Re: 2007 numbers

pRo wrote: Spyker
20 Christijan Albers
21 Kuljettajaa ei vahvistettu
Where did you get that really strange name from the guy in car 21? I don't know from which site you took it pRo, but it's a bad one :P

Does anybody have a clue who will be the guy in car 21 and Albers' team mate? You always hear Monteiro saying that he's certain of the second seat, but if he's so certain, why hasn't the team made an announcement than?!

Tom

No, no one has ever won a championship in their first year (except Farina of course, but that was the first year it had been called the world championship and Farina was a grand prix driver many years before it started officially in 1950), interestingly only 28 people have actually won the championship in 56 years and on 23 occasions it has been descided in the final round.

Jaques won the championship on only his second attempt and nearly managed on his first, he also became only the third person (alongside Farina and I forget the third) to snatch pole position on his first GP. He nearly won it too, a feat only once previously achieved by Giancarlo Baghetti in a Ferrari in 1961, Baghetti never won another.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Ptolemy

Tomba wrote: Also, it's quite interesting to see Kova in the Renault. If he drives well and Renault can keep up the pace, he could even become champion in his first year of driving. I can't personally recall any other driver doing that, but some other people here might :?:
Nino Farina, 1950, won the championship in his year driving in it.

Tom

yeah, OK, but that doesn't really count.

try this, I got 28 (although I think I lost a mark through pressing the wrong button and I got the last question wrong) http://www.allthetests.com/quiz13/quizp ... r%20racing
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

pRo

Reca wrote:
pRo wrote: 21 Kuljettajaa ei vahvistettu
Is it close enough ? ;-)
Close enough. :lol:

It means "Driver not confirmed".
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

manchild

? is not how you should write number seven :wink:

West

Tom wrote: Jaques won the championship on only his second attempt and nearly managed on his first, he also became only the third person (alongside Farina and I forget the third) to snatch pole position on his first GP. He nearly won it too, a feat only once previously achieved by Giancarlo Baghetti in a Ferrari in 1961, Baghetti never won another.
Was it Andretti?
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements