Regulations Roadmap 2007-2012

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Sawtooth-spike

What i was implying was that at top speed F1 cars need something to keep them on the ground.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

johny

some aero must be in those future cars, maybe a rudimentary single plane wing for sponsoring and that'll be enough to avoid take offs

pRo

davecooper wrote:I believe however, that there is no interest in ridding cars of wings as this would loose advertising (revenue) space and the public would not think they looked like real racing cars.
You can have a big wing that looks like real racing wing and gives plenty of advertising space, but doesn't create downforce at all. I have some experience with wings, probably nothing like F1 teams though, and I've noticed that something that looks good, doesn't necessarily do a thing. Except drag, that's always easy to create. :oops: My point is that you can get the looks without the effect, if wanted and needed.

Just look at todays tuning road cars. Huge wings bolted to sheet metal. Most look like they could work, but if they actually made any real downforce at any speed, the first thing they'd do is dent the body. :lol:
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you