What track would you like to see added to F1?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
flynfrog

Isle of mann as well

DaveKillens

Ray wrote:I know it's completely unfeasible and extremely dangerous, but I'd like to see the full Nurburgring Nordschleife again. It'll never happen but I can dream.
Hear hear, I'm in 100% agreement.

If safety wasn't an issue, and/or the past could be restored, the 'Ring, Mount Panorama, and Mosport.

But how about the road race course at Daytona?

Ray

I've always liked the Glen. It's a fun track to race a Nascar cup car around, in videos games anyway. It was a little too tough for me to race in Grand Prix Legends, but I still love it. I also like Sonoma here in the US. But I think it's a little too skinny and a little too short. But great track nonetheless.

captainmorgan

Suzuka

Laguna Seca

I'd like to see an F1 car entered into the Indy 500, just for fun

vs331

Assen, Mugello and any US oval track

Saribro

My backyard !!

And if they excisted: Midfield and Apricot Hill from Gran Tourismo 2 :).

manchild

pompelmo wrote:grobnik
First it would require removal of grob (grave) from its name :wink:

Grobnik could be translated as... umm... Gravegrow.

monkeyboy1976

Anyone heard of Lydden Hill race circiut near Dover, Kent in the UK?
http://www.lyddenracecircuit.co.uk/home.htm

The McLaren Group have owned it for a few years now and there were plans for them to relocate the F1 operations there and develop the circuit to enable F1 testing. This has now been given up I believe
The circiut itself lies in a valley and, at it's current size, you can see 95% of the track from certain vantage points.
My first taste of live motorsport was there a young lad watching Rallycross. The circuit is about 20 mins drive from where I grew up.
I did see a few demo runs of F1 cars there in the 1980s with old arrows cars:-
[img::]http://www.f1.sk/obrazky/5m/5456.jpg[/img]

So, that's where I'd like to see F1 go next. :)

RH1300S

monkeyboy1976 wrote:Anyone heard of Lydden Hill race circiut near Dover, Kent in the UK?
If driving a Formula 1 car at Monaco is like riding a bicycle around your living room - then this would be like riding a bicycle around your bath :D

I'd hate to see the Nordschleife in any state fit for an F1 car (all the bumps would have to go!).

Brands GP circuit for me.......

monkeyboy1976

RH1300S wrote: If driving a Formula 1 car at Monaco is like riding a bicycle around your living room - then this would be like riding a bicycle around your bath :D

Brands GP circuit for me.......
Indeed! it is a small circuit but has lots of potential. The locals scuppered any chance of expansioin though. :(

Brands Hatch. Now there's another circuit close to my heart. I remember seeing F3000 cars around there in the early 90s. Screaming through the extension through the trees and over the hills was an amazing sight.

pompelmo

manchild wrote:

:shock: ](*,)

manchild

pompelmo wrote:
manchild wrote:

:shock: ](*,)
Just kidding having in mind deadly reputation of Grobnik while it was in Moto GP some 16-17 years ago. :wink:

I remember seeing F1 vs. 500cc bike demo held on Grobnik in late 80s. Keke Rosberg was driving Mclaren and I can't remember who was the guy on bike.

Ted68

Long Beach, Laguna Seca, Paul Ricard and Mexico City. Bring back those races and I'll be happy.

geoclassic

How about Road America in Wisconsin. A nice long track centrally located in the U.S.

Ray

If I am wrong please correct me, but F1 cars are slower in a straight line than Champ cars or IRL cars. It would take a gear change to get them up on top speed. But they would DECIMATE a Champ car or an IRL car. No contest whatsoever I think.

The Nordschleife will never again be on the calendar again. Pity. The character would be completely gone if they were to make it safe. I'd love to see one go around for an exhibition run though.

Me being selfish I'd like to see them go around Road Atlanta, here in my hometown. Or my backyard like Saribro! Good idea and I'm stealing it!