Bourdais to test for Toro Rosso

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Principessa

Bourdais to test for Toro Rosso

http://www.f1technical.net/news/4506

After becoming ChampCar Champion for three years in a row, Bourdais finally gets a Formula One test.

Tom

Only 27, still plenty of time to win 4 champs.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

mx_tifoso

now he can stop whining about never getting the chance to be in formula 1
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ketanpaul

An american alternative to Scott Speed perhaps?

Saribro

ketanpaul wrote:An american alternative to Scott Speed perhaps?
Bourdais being French, that would be weird :).

DaveKillens

If Bourdais does an acceptable job in testing, could we see a driver swap? Scott Speed to Newman Haas and Bourdais to STR?
Champ Car is fundamentally a US series, and I'm sure the sponsor McDonald's would love to see a yank driver win the title in their car.

mx_tifoso

Saribro wrote:
ketanpaul wrote:An american alternative to Scott Speed perhaps?
Bourdais being French, that would be weird :).
yeah, thats what i was thinking, funny stuff huh :lol:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ketanpaul

ketanpaul wrote:

Bourdais being French, that would be weird Smile.

yeah, thats what i was thinking, funny stuff huh Laughing
Sorry, stupid mistake. Have been hearing about him in the champ car series for a long time so just forgot he was french :lol: :lol:

Jersey Tom

Even though 2007 is yet to come I'm very keen to see 2008 with the possibility of Bourdais.. and Prodrive entering the scene.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

fizzer

ketanpaul wrote:
ketanpaul wrote:

Bourdais being French, that would be weird Smile.

yeah, thats what i was thinking, funny stuff huh Laughing
Sorry, stupid mistake. Have been hearing about him in the champ car series for a long time so just forgot he was french :lol: :lol:
Erm, there was only one american driver in champ car last year, A.J. Almendinger, and he's leaving for NASCAR in '07.

Its wierd actually for an almost entirely North American based series to have no American drivers. But, if your american and a good driver, all the $$$ is in nascar and that's where they go :/

johny

didn't know that, this year i'll start watching nascar. Most comments i've heard are they suck type or it's amazing type so i think it's worth giving it an oportunity

G-Rock

It's too bad Seb doesn't get any better opportunities than Red Bull. I think if he was in a top team that he would dominate. He's smooth, extremely fast, a quick learner, consistant and dares to take risks when he needs too.
A year with Red Bull will just be another wasted year of raw talent.
Advise for Renault, drop Fisi or Ferrari, drop Massa (one aggressive driver is enough)
--------------------------------------------------------

Tom

Are you mad? drop Massa? don't be ridiculous, Fellipe really earned that Ferrari drive and you can never have enough driving talent on a team.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

m3_lover

There are rumours that STR are trying to get Bourdais out of his contract because they were impressed with his drive... But I dimissed that rumour becaue Berger probably wants a pay driver if anything.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

G-Rock

Massa is overrated. He's like Barrichello, nice and consistant, get's the job done but not brilliant (made another nice Brazilian servant for Shuey though)
Bourdais however won't settle for doing the best that he can, he always wants to do better and that's what it takes to become a multiple world champion.
It's too late now for Bourdais as i see he is driving for Peugot in Lemans this year with JV.
--------------------------------------------------------