Good news for Williams

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
f1.redbaron

Good news for Williams

I just read the story on F1racing that Rod Nelson (Alonso's former engineer) has decided to go to Williams.

I'm happy to hear that Williams is doing better (new sponsors, the best engine on the grid (oh, shut up!) :D ). I just wish they had found a way to keep Webber.

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=136752

(Principessa, sorry but I didn't see your version so I posted this one!)

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Yes ! another thing that DOESNT help Alonso at mclaren ! i mean, besides having an unreliable car,this is great, im proud of williams for doing such a good job this season and i beleive they will get stronger

Ferrari are going to be WCC for 2007
& :D
Kimi Raikkonen will be WDC for 2007,and maybe beyond as well,who knows (sorry Massa)
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Tom

I'm betting on Massa for the 2007 WDC but don't rule Alonso out.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

allan
allan

U know, i think alonso is a gr8 driver indeed... But if kimi couldn't do it at mclaren, so simply alonso can't... especially in his first year with the team..
same for kimi in ferrari.. For sure the red team is gonna be competetive, but i doubt that kimi will be able to win the wdc in his first year with the team.. AND DON'T RULE OUT RENAULT!!!! I AM SURE THEY WILL HAVE THE BEST CAR OUT THERE.. However, not the best drivers :wink:

joseff

I'm a Williams fan, but I'm just worried about how many more tries Frank Williams (not WilliamsF1 team) has. I'm sure he has the ghost of Ken Tyrell somewhere in the back of his mind. In fact he's mentioned this in a couple of interviews, he thinks that himself and Patrick Head are getting old, he's not sure he'll be there to see Williams on top again. Makes me sad sometimes.

But then ol' Frank pulled the Toyota deal together. The man never ceases to amaze me. I'd like to see Nico Rosberg be the youngest champ in history :)

Principessa

Re: Good news for Williams

f1.redbaron wrote:(Principessa, sorry but I didn't see your version so I posted this one!)
I didn't put it online either as it's not official yet. I've sent an email to Williams to confirm, but I haven't received anything back yet! When I get the news officially, you will too :wink: (from me than :P )

Principessa

I've received an answer of the press officer of Williams and this is the answer:

"This is not a story that Williams can currently pass comment on, I'm sorry."

So, let's just say that it's not entirely official and cleared out yet :wink:

manchild
manchild

Principessa wrote:I've received an answer of the press officer of Williams and this is the answer:

"This is not a story that Williams can currently pass comment on, I'm sorry."

So, let's just say that it's not entirely official and cleared out yet :wink:
When F1 teams say NO they mean YES :lol:

f1.redbaron

manchild wrote:
When F1 teams say NO they mean YES :lol:
You beat me to it...

---------
That e-mail is pretty much a confirmation :)