Who will be 2007 WDC?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Venom
Venom

2007 is very unpredictable!

too many changes occured to allow good prediction. That involves wdc and wcc :-k
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

manchild
manchild

Who will be 2007 WDC?
Nelson Piquet Jr. as he replaces Fisichella after disappointing first 3 races for Italian! :lol:

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

gcdugas wrote: Lewis had better get used to a "Barichello" role for the duration of his tenure at McLaren because Nando is the most talented driver of the last few years (including MS!). His race-craft and ability to handle pressure are also unsurpassed. He is in a league of his own, comfortably ahead of even Kimi in my book.
Fernando is darn good, but even now he has mentioned he wouldn't mind going back to Renault after his tenure at McLaren is over. My belief is that Hamilton will be carefully nurtured in the next two years, Ron Dennis considers him a big part of the future of McLaren. My scenario is that Alonso stays at Mclaren for the next two years, maybe winning a WDC if the car is capable. Then Fernanado leaves to another team, and Hamilton steps in as the number one driver.
And what will keep Hamilton from wilting? He will not be compared to Alonso, but instead to the present, new hot shoes like Rosberg, and Kubica. And I believe he will be mentored and counselled by Mika.

Ted68

In case this all seems a little familiar...

viewtopic.php?t=3536&start=0

Spencifer_Murphy

I was tempted to say Kimi at Ferrari, BUT, and this is a BIG but... Kimi is no Michael. By that I mean, Kimi's a lazy sod, by his own admission, he is not loved by Ferrari or the Tifosi, he raced for "the enemy" and Massa is loved by all the guys at the Scuderia. I'd sooner have Massa as a champ than Kimi. Purely because I believe even if the car is fast enough to win a championship, Massa could get preferable treatment.

Furthermore, Ferrari WILL MISS Ross Brawn. Massively so, its one thing to have a good car its another to run a good operation, and Ross is pretty much the best of the best at what he does.

So, Fernando? He could do it, he's won both his titles in slower machinery (okay, he was in the fastest car up till the halfway point in the season in 2006, and in 2005 he was helped by the fact that the fastest car (The macca) couldn't really survive a whole GP lol) But Mclaren will need to provide a better car than this year, and even if they do...when was the last time a champion retained the title after switchinbg teams? Schumi, Senna & Prost all failed to do that, in fact only one man has ever done it...the Maestro. You have to go back to 1955 & 1957 when Fangio achieved that feat. So History is against Alonso on this one. On top of that, he's had all of one day in the Mclaren so far.

Lewis? Oh come on, as much as I think he'll do fine. (Look at Nico, he's done okay despite his William's dire reliability) And Lewis is his GP2 successor. Lewis will have so much support from Mclaren, he's benifitted from more of the team's attention due to Alonso's contractual problems, and I think Mika's role at Mclaren will involve "Mentoring" Lewis. The boy's fast enough, but he can learn oh-so-much, from a Veteran like Mika.

So then who? Williams & Red Bull will have customer engines so they will never be "allowed" to beat Toyota & Renault. Toyota? Neither Ralf nor Trulli have the Mentality to win a championship.

Fisichella? No, he was on average 0.5seconds slower than Alonso this year in outright pace, according to a recent study by F1 racing Magazine. And he also hasn't got that mentality, he's too weak and soft emotionally, and is effected too much by external factors to get his head down and perform at 100%, 100% of the time.

So then who? Jenson? Well Honda are the only team with some PROPER continuity from 2006 into 2007. And in the last 6races of the year 2006, Jenson scored more points than ANY other driver...including Alonso & Michael (okay a DNF for each helped with that) But thats still a telling fact, that Honda ended the season with some real pace, and noe Jens is a race winner, his performances really have perked up. Honda love him, they are 100% behind him, and Rubens is used to play Mr. Rear-Gunner isn't he?

So the logic says Jenson Button. BUT nothing in F1 is THAT simple, and knowing our luck (by our I mean us brits) Either Jens or (more than likely) Honda (more specifically Nick Fry) will find SOME WAY to make a right proper balls-up of it all.

So in short who do I think will be 2007 WDC? I don't know. :lol:
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Spencifer_Murphy wrote:I was tempted to say Kimi at Ferrari, BUT, and this is a BIG but... Kimi is no Michael. By that I mean, Kimi's a lazy sod, by his own admission, he is not loved by Ferrari or the Tifosi, he raced for "the enemy" and Massa is loved by all the guys at the Scuderia. I'd sooner have Massa as a champ than Kimi. Purely because I believe even if the car is fast enough to win a championship, Massa could get preferable treatment.
You greatly underestimate Kimi and the work a driver is responsible for in creating a fast package. There are no lazy F1 drivers just as there are no stupid ones. I think that Kimi gets all there is out of a car. Sometimes a bit too much (for a McLaren anyways ;-) ) He's not obvious about it .. I suspect that he can drive a looser car car than just about anyone else. It will be most interesting to see how he and Massa get along. Kimi will wind up number one. I'm quite confident of that.

Principessa