Nick Heidfield

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Nick Heidfield

As I was reading the article on nick heidfield here no f1technical.net i noticed that it said he has just completed his SEVENTH season in Formula 1, wow, 7 seasons and no wins, how come nobody critizes him as much as Button ? even though they're practically on the same page,besides the fact that Button just won his first grand prix this summer, what a shame, Kubica is trully embarassing Heidfield. In Kubicas first few races he landed a podium, heidfield only has four podiums,i'm just astonished that heidfield has been here so long and he hasnt won a SINGLE race, i dont care what team he is on, if you're here for seven seasons you better get something accomplished,or get out of the way for better up and coming drivers,

hay una frase que existe, "pena agena", creo que queda bien en esta situacion no ? tiene siete temporadas aqui y se puede decir que no hecho nada de importancia,

Just my opinion on a well written article,

Ferrari 2007 WCC ! !
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Nick has put in a few great drives, but he really hasn't shone that bright, consistently. Please bear in mind he has never had a "true" winning car.
But one reason he is in BMW is his nationality, German. But there's a new kid going to push him out soon, Vittel. And since he's German, that makes BMW happy.
For the upcoming season, Nick has to really make an impression, or he just may suffer the same fate as Villeneuve.

RH1300S
RH1300S

You mean why hasn't "Quick Nick" won any races? :wink: Maybe is nickname sums it up. He is a quick driver, at times very quick. I don't sense that he has that rage to win. Maybe that's the difference at this level.

I believe JB gets more criticism partly because many people truly believe he has a top level F1 career in him - so the expectation is higher.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

You mean to say that a driver in the pinnacle of motorsports, Formula 1, doesnt have the rage to win ? i disagree with that to be honest, why would one bother to go through all the trouble and challenges to get into F1 and not want to win,or have the "rage" to win ? why would you even bother being there if not for the desire to win ? who knows right ?

i also know that he doesnt have a race winning car,but one should maybe get on or close to the podium more frequently with the package and driving skills that Heidfield has,dont you agree?because i certainly expect better results from a driver in Formula 1, and maybe Vettel might take his spot in the upcoming years,as he is German as well,just what BMW will need when the time comes to replace Heidfield (soon maybe!)

thank you for all your opinions,i certainly appreciate it

Ferrari WCC 2007

Spyker MF1

Christ :shock: 7 seasons he always seems quite fresh faced to me. I think he was on the same level as Kimi at Sauber but didn't get the right drives(well thats my opinion anyway). 7 seasons? Vettal should have his seat and he should be in the skip wrong drives or not
Best F1 games on the net for free check
http://batracer.com/ and
http://b3.f1managerpro.com/index.php

Evil Weasel

As I was reading the article on nick heidfield here no f1technical.net i noticed that it said he has just completed his SEVENTH season in Formula 1, wow, 7 seasons and no wins, how come nobody critizes him as much as Button ?
Possibly because he isn't all over the media claiming he's going to be WDC and then blaming everyone around him when it doesn't happen.

Maybe.

Just a suggestion.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Re: Nick Heidfield

[quote="mx_tifosi"]As I was reading the article on nick heidfield here no f1technical.net i noticed that it said he has just completed his SEVENTH season in Formula 1, wow, 7 seasons and no wins, how come nobody critizes him as much as Button ? quote]

Jenson is the poster boy for British Formula One. Meanwhile, as far as the German press, they had Michael Schumacher grabbing all the attention.

m3_lover

Of all the cars that Nick Heidfeld has raced... has his teammates won any races? That should be your criteria to see if he is good. Everybody has ragged on Button for taking so long to win a race... But did any of his teammates win any races?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

RH1300S
RH1300S

mx_tifosi wrote:You mean to say that a driver in the pinnacle of motorsports, Formula 1, doesnt have the rage to win ? Ferrari WCC 2007
In a funny way, I think that is precisely the problem. Just about everyone on the grid is deeply competitive (especially by normal standards of behaviour). Just about everyone has been a winner all the way up the tree. Now they are playing in a pond where everyone is a "winner" and highly competitive - so that extra little edge that some have shows through.

I know this is not valid - but just for fun; let's say you translate competitiveness or talent directly to laptime. If he was (say) 0.25% less competitive/gifted than driver "b" - that's 0.15secs per minute on track ;) - he could be 18secs down the road after 2hrs of racing.

I suppose what I am saying is he is not quite good enough; but at this level all it would take would be some success to give him some confidence and extra edge - then who knows what may happen.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

maybe we wont get to see "quick nick" shine and get the much needed confidence,because kubica impressed a lot this past season, and vettel hasnt even raced yet but is almost sure to be the next German star, and he's only 19(?) years old, so times is running out for heidfield to impress,with BMW Sauber at least,he might not have one of the best cars on the field,but he should make due and get better results with what he has in his hands,
another case with much similarity is fisico, im sure most of us agree on the fact that 2007 will be a make or break season for him,he has had one of the fastest,most reliable cars on the field for the past 2 seasons and he can only "brag" about his win at malaysia,and a few other ones that arent of much importance,which he seems to bring up in almost every interview, and according to him he "stepped up his game" during 2006, i can only say that he better show his improvements next season starting in march,and if kovailinen(?) show him up, he just might get dumped sooner or later by briatore,
i cant wait untill march to finally see the new cars with the new liveries, and the new drivers and all the musical chair results,alonso-mclaren,raikkonen-ferrari,webber-redbull,etc,
and watch Ferrari/Raikkonen/Massa trample the field :D

Ferrari 2007 WCC

m3_lover

and vettel hasnt even raced yet but is almost sure to be the next German star,

Every new german driver coming to F1 is always considered the next german star.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

waynes
waynes

in all honesty Heidfeld would have more than likely driven for Mclaren if kimi hadnt come along

shame really as i like heidfeld, embarrased mark webber a few times too at williams. Hope Nick has a good 07 as he is a class driver and it would be a shame to lose him from the grid, and at 29 he's still got time to win races