help needed with Lotus 79 underbody

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
tomislavp4

help needed with Lotus 79 underbody

Is there anyone with pictures (or at least drawings) from the underbody of the 79 out there???
And one question, if the area of the oppening (of the venturi) is 20 cm2 at front should it be 40 cm2 at the back or you can make it even larger? :roll:

Tom

Not much but here's about all I could find.

If you ask Scarbs he might be able to help... http://www.scarbsf1.com/
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild
manchild

manchild
manchild

It was about time for me to get beaten for few seconds :P
Last edited by manchild on 21 Dec 2006, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.

Tom

Proof, it's the only pic on the web.

Note, if you type 'Lotus 79 underbody' into google the second site that appears is...f1technical.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

tomislavp4

I found only that too... but I was thinking that maybe someone of you have someting else... :cry:

tomislavp4

I found this 1 sec ago, the lotus 80
http://3lib.ukonline.co.uk/lotus/80rear.jpg
but it´s not so helping

Carlos
Carlos

There's a nontechnical page about the 1978 Lotus 79 in "The Illustrated Evolution of the Gran Prix and F1 Car" by Simon Read -- It was the first full grounds effect car. It won 6 GP's that year. Mario Andretti took the drivers title -- the breakaway design of ground effects era.

Ted68

An email to these folks may score you a copy of the original blueprint drawings.

http://www.classicteamlotus.co.uk/Content/Services.htm

From their website under "Services"

A comprehensive service for the restoration, maintenance and operation of historic Team Lotus Formula cars is available at the original factory facility. The work is undertaken by the Team Lotus personnel who actually designed, built and operated the cars originally. Access to original drawings and components plus new parts from the original manufacturers ensure a prestigious and efficient service.