tiago monteiro

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
janus

tiago monteiro

on the last topic it look like not only the portuguese fans but a lot of people likes tiago monteiro an whant im on f1 the only chance is toro rosso and scott speed out.....i was thinks that if some one get the email of toro roso we can express our opinion to ""berger"" that toro rosso as to gain whid tiago and for that is one more reason for as to watch f1 and support toro rosso let help a good driver to get a good ride ,an adrian newy. car :)

Tom

Saddly e-mails don't win races, but I suppose if you get enough people...

info@tororosso.com and there's the address under 'contact' on this page, http://www.scuderiatororosso.com/?stay

I noticed though that STR scored only one single point in their first season whereas RBR apparently scored 34 last year, yet only 16 this.

Team peaked already?
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

dumrick

Tom wrote:I noticed though that STR scored only one single point in their first season whereas RBR apparently scored 34 last year, yet only 16 this.

Team peaked already?
Good question. The RB2 was never as promising as the RB1 and there was little development throughout the season, since the focus shifted early for the development of 2007's RB3. So, if the Toro Rosso will be a disguised RB2 (which makes sense, since they will be using the Ferrari engines and all), and since in the end of last season the Toro Rossos and Spykers were very close to the Red Bulls, I can guess next season will not be an easy one for the italian squad...
Concerning the drivers, Berger is making some political moves, saying to be in contact with drivers he is not, probably just power struggles between him and Mateschitz (?), the co-owner.
As I said in another thread, being portuguese I would like to see a portuguese driver in F1, but if he is doomed to drive a crapbox, let him make a career elsewhere... Tiago is a good and clever driver, it would be nice to see what he can do in a decent team, but there's no point to keep seeing him discussing 20th place with his teammate...

West

Kinda off topic, but this being a Portuguese thread...

Is Rubens Barrichello pronounced "Hubens?" Because I know that Brazilian MMA fighters such as Royce and Rickson Gracie, and Ricardo Arona are pronounced "Hoyce," "Hickson," and "Hicardo," respectively. There's more but u get the idea.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

dumrick

A portuguese thread... :D
With brazilian accent it may sound that way, yes - not quite, but close. With portuguese accent, it doesn't.