the world most challenging corners???

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
yin
yin

the world most challenging corners???

spa-eau rouge
suzuka-130r
Turkey-4 apex
those are one of the world most famous corners,which is the most diffcult corner to flat out??and the most challenging corner of the fitness and skill for the driver??? :)
pts:are either of those corner can only flatout for qual trim :?:

sorry for my bad english :( but i hope you understand what i mean :D

Sawtooth-spike

surely that corner in on that A1 street track, which the cars could not get around :)

I think its more down to having the balls to go falt out in the corner not how hard it is to make it around.

But they is still a great deal of joy in my like when i thread a Car through eau rouge on GTR
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

allan

i think it's the parabolica/ monza... and the spa-eau rouge offcourse, as during the years, we've seen a lot of serious accidents over that hill, espeically with mr. villeneuve :wink:

manchild

allan wrote:i think it's the parabolica/ monza... and the spa-eau rouge offcourse, as during the years, we've seen a lot of serious accidents over that hill, espeically with mr. villeneuve :wink:
Ha! :mrgreen:

Spa 2005
Spa 1998
Spa 1996

leomax

Aha :D
First corner of Shanghai International Circuit. :wink:

RACKITUP

the "corkscrew" Leguna Circuit

Turn 4 in Turkey? Wasn't it turn 8 that was the long left hander that was 4g

yin
yin

leomax wrote:Aha :D
First corner of Shanghai International Circuit. :wink:
yeah,you never know where is the perfect braking zone and a lot of driver going to fast at the first right turn than spin,lock up,run wide.....etc

RH1300S

How about Planztgarten II at the Nordschleife (in fact most of the corners here compared to modern circuits) - tricky double left cambered approach - very fast left over a crest where the track drops away and you fly some - you need perfect line and big balls here. Otherwise goodbye dear world.

Craner @ Donnington Park - very fast, tricky entry line and change of direction with dodgy cambers and an absolute need to get the exit spot on otherwise the next corner is screwed (and so is your whole lap).

Paddock @ Brands. Evil bumps and cambers in the braking zone, blind entry over a crest - very fast.

pompelmo

Monza-Prabolica

Carlos

The most challanging corner in the world is the Canadain 401 highway off ramp at Rodney Ontario at 130KM in a 1976 AMC Gremlin -- the ramp is rated at 70 KM - I know - I did it in 1980 and still have nightmares about it -- several 4 whell drifts - oversteer - understeer - and 10 years taken off my life from sheer fright - The foolishness of youth. :wink:
Just a caution about safe road driving.

PS Just wanted to share.

Regards Carlos

pompelmo

A1 slovenian motorway, before Lom petrol-station with 200km/h..i maneget to take it at 220km/h with a litle slide... :twisted:

allan

manchild wrote:
allan wrote:i think it's the parabolica/ monza... and the spa-eau rouge offcourse, as during the years, we've seen a lot of serious accidents over that hill, espeically with mr. villeneuve :wink:
Ha! :mrgreen:

Spa 2005
Spa 1998
Spa 1996
funny mc :lol:
1st, i ment the eau rouge corner...
2nd i ment an idiot who doesn't know how to steer, TWICE!!!
1999:
1998:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4jYkzpYWq8
in the pics u showed, 1996 it was raining, and obviously michael's fault..
1998, well i don't wanna start arguing about this one...
:wink:
2003, well sato got a slap on the head, and he deserved it :wink: :D

Tom

I certainly don't question JV's steering abilities but, holy fog, those where fantastic accidents (the man admitted it himself) still, he should have known you don't take a new car that's never seen the track before and try to thread it through Eau Rouge, it just aint gonna go.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

AeroGT3

The corkscrew at Laguna Seca, in California. I've driven it, and it's a bitch for sure :)

Tom

pouhon at Spa is tipped as the new Eau Rouge although I haven't seen an accident there before. It's a long hard right hander, very fast and hard to apex well: Image(the second corner on this pic)
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.