2 sets of wings for Red bull

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Sawtooth-spike

2 sets of wings for Red bull

Check this out!

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=137661

If they can get away with this, it means they get double testing!

If they do it i am sure honda will be hot behind
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

f1.redbaron

The team, run by Gerhard Berger, is confident that the FIA will declare its car fully legal.
Just for that, Mosley will find a way to shut them down! :D

allan
allan

u know what? i do like the idea, at least we'll se the difference between the ferrari and the renault engines :wink:

Sawtooth-spike

thats a good point, they will have differant engines, so they could have all manner of problems
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

manchild
manchild

f1.redbaron wrote:Just for that, Mosley will find a way to shut them down! :D
You expect Mosley to shut down Ferrari-powered car? :roll:

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

manchild wrote:You expect Mosley to shut down Ferrari-powered car? :roll:
If the Ferrari - powered STR car does much worse than the Renault - powered Red Bull, expect Max to impose forced chassis changes on the STR. Then they can blame the chassis.
The last thing Ferrari want is two identical cars with competing engines, and theirs losing the battle. Just won't happen.

waynes
waynes

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=137661

took that from the Jan issue of F1 Racing which autosport then reprinted but changed the wording of the company name

there is a STR feature in said issue and it says
So as long as there's a little legal jiggery-pokery from Red Bull Racing - for example, setting up an independent firm called, say, Red Bull Composites, to supply both teams - there won't be a problem. But you can bet it will leave Red Bull's rivals absolutely seething.
thats the source of that story, autosport must have had a slow news week

manchild
manchild

Perhaps this is just a test - STR trys this move and if FIA allows that than new RBR chassis could become Renault R26?

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

STR seem to like pulling fast ones on the rules makers. Remember, they ran that V-10 when a lot of teams grumbled...
SA seem to have last year's Honda chassis, wich really isn't something they developed themselves. STR and RB with the same chassis. And in the engine wars, Renault (RB), Ferrari (STR), and Toyota (Williams) will run more than just one team.
No longer "one team, exclusive chassis, exclusive engine" anymore. How far are we to the return of the 70's style kit car era?

Jason

Mind that later, Mosley is sure to find from his stupid Rulebook with consist mostly f****** rules to force RBR to take them off. :P
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

whiplash

Season 2008 it won't matter as any team can buy another teams chassis as Prodrive say they will do when they enter F1

johny

according to 2008 rules it's possible but those toro rosso movements with v10, last year running with 2005 rbr car and now this thing. FIA should be harder with them

whiplash

I agree but if you go back to benetton and ligier after Flavio bought the team and transfered the renault engine supply to to the benetton team the cars were identical but because ligier had there own moulds they got away with it as Str and Aguri suzuki will.

ketanpaul

Well I would really like it if STR and RBR used the same chassis this season. It will really make STR a proper team and not just a 'B' team. It will also be interesting to see how Liuzzi and Speed (if they stay) fare in practically the same car being used by Coulthard and Webber. It will also give rise to a healthy competition between the two Red Bull teams and the guys in the STR camp will end up pushing quite hard, specially if they are challenging for podiums. I am really looking forward to this.......