Ferrari 2007?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
joseff

lol I hope your comment was tongue-in-cheek.... it's pretty easy for the scrutineers to check where the ducts actually go.

Of course, there could be some dynamic pressure benefit of this... hmmm

Looks like this year's flame wars could start early!

allan

manchild ](*,) :D

bhall

Here's a nice five minute video of the Fiorano test.

http://joni.werty.org/ferrari_first_tes ... _f2007.avi

manchild

joseff wrote:it's pretty easy for the scrutineers to check where the ducts actually go
no no... you see, that splitter uses self healing plastic. Before the race they put in new splitter that has holes in it and as the race progresses holes close enabling them more engine power and torque during star and first stint or two.

If they however use nano technology than they can keep splitter with holes during whole race and than make nano-machines seal the holes in final lap.

:twisted:

zac510

manchild wrote: Well done joseff! First illegality detected so far in 2007 - That outlet is fake one since splitter isn't splitting anything because all of the air that enters trough that overdimensioned airbox intake ends up in engine! Splitter is just thin, narrow element positioned on front of intake to make us believe it goes all the way back while it spans only few centimeters.

So, they've used same kind of delusional approach - make something and officially claim that it is for purpose it isn't for.
How the hell is that illegal?
You're delusional manchild. I dearly wish you could love all of F1. Unfortunately your pure hatred for Ferrari obstructs that.

Spencifer_Murphy

I thunk his commet was tounge-in-cheek zac. Don't take it seriously, he's just kidding.

He dislikes Ferrari, Schumacher and the preferable treatment they recieve (apparently - phew nearly started THAT one again lol!) but he's not stupid. lol
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

m3_lover

zac510 wrote:
manchild wrote: Well done joseff! First illegality detected so far in 2007 - That outlet is fake one since splitter isn't splitting anything because all of the air that enters trough that overdimensioned airbox intake ends up in engine! Splitter is just thin, narrow element positioned on front of intake to make us believe it goes all the way back while it spans only few centimeters.

So, they've used same kind of delusional approach - make something and officially claim that it is for purpose it isn't for.
How the hell is that illegal?
You're delusional manchild. I dearly wish you could love all of F1. Unfortunately your pure hatred for Ferrari obstructs that.
His hatred of Ferrari is one of his best qualities... it sets him apart from other forum members :)
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

manchild

I was just kidding (although I'm suspicious about that splitter) :lol:

zac510

No need to be suspicious. There is reason to be curious, though :).

Perhaps Ferrari have just figured that with a 'set' engine cover size there is a bit of spare space to be used above the engine and gearbox. And thus they have decided to fill it with something. There might be a corresponding decrease in sidepod size/drag.

ss_collins

Allan posted a pic of the rear of the car - not an XPB one, does anyone know where he got it or how I could get in touch with someone with pics of the back of the car

bhall

I think the split airbox inlet and that central rear outlet are for cooling the new seamless transmission. It's just a guess, but I can't find anything in the regulations saying that it would be illegal, so it seems plausible.

allan

ss_collins wrote:Allan posted a pic of the rear of the car - not an XPB one, does anyone know where he got it or how I could get in touch with someone with pics of the back of the car
well, i got it from http://www.theprancinghorse.co.uk
someone posted it in a topic there :wink:

monkeyboy1976

Not sure if this has already been posted....

http://www.ferrariworld.com/events/f1-2007/home.html

zac510

Why would they need to cool the transmission just because it is seamless? I can't think of any reason why it would need extra cooling.
I only propose that they have moved a heat exhanger up there and taken the corresponding decrease in sidepod size.

RH1300S

Does anyone simply think the splitter could simply be there to control the air entering the airbox - perhaps to make sure all the inlets get a nice balanced flow of air?

By the way - surely of more interest is the long wheelbase when everyone else is using a quite short wheelbase.

Ferrari seem to have moved weight further back, while everyone else seems to want it forward. The Bridgstone rears and proving less durable than the fronts. On the face of it it would seem illogical to do that.

But here's a thought I want to share - with a longer wheelbase; not only do they get a little more chance to find rear downforce, but perhaps also a chance to manage the dynamic weight transfer to look after the tyres better?

Anyone remember the BT55? The long wheelbase on this car was actually a problem in that it struggled to heat the rear tyres properly. In this case, it could be that Ferrari are looking to be kind to the tyres.

Or maybe they just screwed up? :twisted: