New Williams?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bhall

New Williams?

I'm not sure about this one. It looks an awful lot like the FW28. Then again, the MP4-22 looks like a carbon copy of the MP4-21. At any rate, the livery is different, so here it is.

I'm surprised by the lack of AT&T logos. They are the title sponsor and all. One would think they would insist on more than just the nose.
Last edited by bhall on 16 Jan 2007, 01:32, edited 1 time in total.

johny

being title sponsor and no logos? that sounds strange.

Just a question what is lenovo?

bhall

Lenovo is a Chinese computer company. They purchased IBM's PC division a few years ago.

m3_lover

How do you get all these pictures so quickly?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

johny

could be in jerez? i think tomorrow williams tests there also more teams but not sure about them

Sawtooth-spike

we sure this is the new car?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

bhall

The site I took the pics from seems to think it is the FW29. I'm not so sure myself; it looks too much like the FW28 just with a different livery.

But like I said earlier, the new McLaren looks damn-near just like last year's, so much so that when I posted spyshots of the new one a couple days ago, everyone thought it was the MP4-21.

Bottom line, I guess, is that you never know until it's official.

I just thought I'd throw these up.

joseff

Oh no! They need more blue, now it looks like the BMW car.

On the sponsor side, Fedex, Bud and Castrol are also missing. Castrol to Honda? Anyhow, it looks like the FW28 with different wings.
Last edited by joseff on 16 Jan 2007, 04:58, edited 1 time in total.

dumrick

bhallg2k wrote:when I posted spyshots of the new one a couple days ago, everyone thought it was the MP4-21
Those shots you posted of the car being taken out of the truck WERE of the MP4-21. 8)
Just compare the front wings, the sidepods... I'm not sure though about the Williams, I would need to put them head to head to take a conclusion...

Principessa

Yes they were dumrick, you're right, as I already pointed out in my post in that topic :wink:

I believe its just another interim car. As Williams is only launching in the beginning of Februrary, there wouldn't be muvh time left to test the new FW29. So I believe that its interim car just for testing, with a lot of parts in the car from the FW29 and a couple of new winglets.
AT&T is the biggest sponsor the team has this year, believe me, it will be on the car, the FW29 that is!!

peterlittle

The car shown is a FW28B with a few mods, but not the real thing (FW29).
AT@T will be more predominant, that is at Jerez and was used to see how Lenovo (IBM) logos could be used.
The info comes from our Williams site on sport network at which a couple of employees contribute snippets of info
Peter Little
CAD Engineer
Hampshire. UK.

waynes

nice livery though and a typically good looking williams

m3_lover

Also..I dont see any Toyota images on the car?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Ranald

I think there is a little Toyota logo on the engine cover. Its very hard to see though. It's in blue on the white background.
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.

Deano_266

well you cant say that Williams have lost all their ambition

i think this car might reinspire Frank and the team to actually do well
Schumi the greatest will always live on in our memories