New Williams?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
johny

to me it seems that bad days came to williams to stay, the grid is getting more and more difficult, it's obvious that privateers couldn't match manufacturers and the alliance with toyota was a great move, and could help williams to be the top privateer but the competence there with red bulls and the honda-SA will be though for them. Anyway let's wait and i hope they'll surprise me with a great podium finisher car

AeroGT3
AeroGT3

Williams is on its way out, and if customer cars goes forward, williams will undoubtedly be gone within a few seasons.

millerjam
millerjam

Williams is one of only three teams on the grid that goes racing purely for the love of it, they're probably the last team that would quit the sport. I agree that the customer car rule might mean that manufacturing a new car could be out of the window at Williams, but it's not as if other great teams have never come back from times in the duldrums, or has everyone forgotten the form of Ferrari until Schumi arrived...

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

The thing holding back Williams is Frank Williams himself. They strongly need a sharing of power on that team, for the team's sake. Frank is too stuburn. Why continue with those hard oil and cooling lines that seem to take them out of two races every year? And Frank himself has ZERO respect for drivers and that certainly doesn't help to build a team. Unless the mode of operation changes Williams will be gone when Frank is ready to walk.

Personally, I believe he's ready to walk now. It truly burned him that BMW bought Sauber instead of Willliams. BMW did the right thing though .. Sauber had far more resources that BMW could use.

joseff

I read on an IT news site that this is the car they use to shoot a lenovo commercial.

The deal is also rumored to be worth 30+ million euros a year.