Man or Machine

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Hudsonhawk.

Man or Machine

Crunch time is coming my FRIEND :D .

Will Alonso make that moooclaren win???

allan

alonso to mclaren = Prost to ferrari
so the short answer is: NO.
in my opinion, he should have stayed in renault. i've always believed:"If you're warm and happy in a pile of sh.., KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!", and alonso didn't [-(

Tom

Michael did it with Benneton-Ferrari, won it all then switched to prove it wasn't all the car, Alonso wants to prove the same thing. It's perfectly fair esspecially as we can all agree that if Alonso had stayed at Renault one more year while everyone else jumped about he would have been hard to beat. Alonso wants to win on his own so he's moving team, he will do well in the Mclaren (why you insist on always putting the 'ooo's in I don't know) and I think he will still be at the front or there abouts this season.

If Ascari could turn the Lancia outfit around (or he almost cetainly would have) then there is no reason why Fernando can't turn a competitive team into a race winner again.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

joseff

Also remember that when he made the decision, Renault hadn't made a long term commitment to F1. So where would he go? Honda isn't hiring, he's not German, Ferrari has Kimi, so his only reasonable choice was McLaren.

Of course, 30 million euros help sweeten the deal :)

I think he'll win quite a couple of races with McLaren. But for 07 WDC my pick is Kimi. Unless Heikki proves us all wrong!

Ciro Pabón

I don't know if he can. But I can't think of other driver with a better chance. :D
Ciro

tiago Figueiredo

Ciro Pabón wrote:I don't know if he can. But I can't think of other driver with a better chance. :D
We must remember that in last year, MacLaren were not in the right pace. Probably the beginning of this year it must happen the same thing....

but who Knows???
Tiago Figueiredo

yin
yin

Have anyone remember before 2005????nobody know that schumi will let down by BS tires,nobody know Mclaren will be the fastest car,nobody know Alonso will be WDC,what if Ferrari built another F2005?what if ferrari car not as bulletproof as usual???what if Mclaren again will have fastest car,who knows???again,you will never know what's gonna happen in F1 :D

m3_lover

I can see Honda being in the fight with Ferrari, Mclaren and Renault... They were being really sucessful at the latter half of the season in 2006
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Hudsonhawk.

Of course, 30 million euros help sweeten the deal Smile
Kimi is a better negotiator than alonso.....one speaks like a donkey.....the other looks like a donkey. :shock:

NO chance for Alonso in 07.....Machine makes or breaks a driver!!!

Hudsonhawk.

http://www.dailyf1news.com/dailyf1news/ ... nwsID=2374

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: MOOOO MOOOOO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The new "car breaker" is on the scene.....enter Alonso.....

Kimi will be a genious this year.....mark my wordsss.... :lol: it will have nothing to do with the car....nothing at all.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope the prettiest car is worth a title or two !!!

pRo

On the man or machine -issue.

1) Mario Illien more or less blames Kimi for the issues they have had. Not all, but some. He claims no one is as harsh as Kimi when it comes to driving and jokes that Ferrari needs to build a tank for him.

2) Peter Windsor (F1 Racing magazine) wrote that Kimi probably caused the technical issue in Imola 2005. According to the text, Kimi did five practice launches before the race, though the team had said that he can only do three.

3) Peter Sauber also mentioned Kimi in the unveiling of their car. He said Kimi's issue is little to no interest in developing the car. He says that Kimi just isn't interested when it comes to the technical side of the car.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

tiago Figueiredo

Hudsonhawk. wrote:http://www.dailyf1news.com/dailyf1news/ ... nwsID=2374

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: MOOOO MOOOOO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The new "car breaker" is on the scene.....enter Alonso.....

Kimi will be a genious this year.....mark my wordsss.... :lol: it will have nothing to do with the car....nothing at all.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope the prettiest car is worth a title or two !!!
it's a new car... Renault are having problems with new car. It's normal to happen problems with new car's. Last year renault was having some problems too with the new one, and we have seen the most reliable car of the platoon...
Tiago Figueiredo

Ciro Pabón

Hudsonhawk. wrote:The new "car breaker" is on the scene.....enter Alonso.....
Hudson, this is a win-win for Alonso: the car breaks, it's a McLaren pattern. The car doesn't, he is a great driver.

Kimi on the other hand, if the car breaks... well, it's not a Ferrari pattern, is it?
Ciro

tiago Figueiredo

Ciro Pabón wrote:
Hudsonhawk. wrote:The new "car breaker" is on the scene.....enter Alonso.....
Hudson, this is a win-win for Alonso: the car breaks, it's a McLaren pattern. The car doesn't, he is a great driver.

Kimi on the other hand, if the car breaks... well, it's not a Ferrari pattern, is it?
I agree... Kimi's driving is very hard to car's reliability.
Tiago Figueiredo

manchild

Ciro Pabón wrote:Hudson, this is a win-win for Alonso: the car breaks, it's a McLaren pattern. The car doesn't, he is a great driver.

Even better - if Alonso can't win he over revs engine, it's that damn engine... If engine dies all by itself it's that damn engine again. Making engine blow is better to show that he is a great driver as Crio says than taking care of the engine and not winning. So, engine must either win or die otherwise driver's reputation becomes questionable.

:wink: