Ron Dennis F1's Machiavelli

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zenvision

come on do you think getting wasted once in a while affects? Heck, even Schumi used to do it.

I wonder what Ron or his drivers order when they go out for a dinner, "still bordeaux 1982 water please"
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

Venom

What do you guys mean by drinking?

A glass of wine or a liter of Jacky?

btw. did Ron really [officialy] say that?
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

pyry

RACKITUP wrote: McLaren wouldn't be front runners if it wasn't for Ron's attention to detail and obsessive compulsive behaviour.
or without ron's detail obsession maybe mclaren WOULD be a frontrunner :)
four rings to rule them all

RACKITUP

pyry wrote:
RACKITUP wrote: McLaren wouldn't be front runners if it wasn't for Ron's attention to detail and obsessive compulsive behaviour.
or without ron's detail obsession maybe mclaren WOULD be a frontrunner :)

OR maybe just the engine :P

DaveKillens

Although I believe that any drug or alcohol removes a person from their 100% potential, I believe this responsibility lies with the drivers. They are paid huge slaries, but even that amount of money does not place the label "You are owned" on any driver.
Notwithstanding Montoya's "tennis" injury, the drivers have held up their end. Personally, the cars, team, or reliability has been the major reasons for the lack of wins. Not drunk drivers.

West

Funny how this comes up after Kimi left. Publicly, as far as I know, Ron never said anything about drinking, and then Kimi blows a grip of money at clubs (awesome).

It might be a classic case of children doing what they are told not to do.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

RH1300S

Re: Ron Dennis F1's Machiavelli

m3_lover wrote:After his drivers trained with Olympic athletes in Finland, Dennis told the Mirror: "We don't see why drivers need to have even one drink in the course of a season."
To me that doesn't say he's banned them from drinking. He's just saying he doesn't see why they should need to have a drink over the course of a season.

Of course, the sub-text is pretty clear :D - He would prefer they stayed off the strong stuff.

Storm in a tea-cup......... :roll:

nudge

Re: Ron Dennis F1's Machiavelli

RH1300S wrote:
m3_lover wrote:After his drivers trained with Olympic athletes in Finland, Dennis told the Mirror: "We don't see why drivers need to have even one drink in the course of a season."
To me that doesn't say he's banned them from drinking. He's just saying he doesn't see why they should need to have a drink over the course of a season.

Of course, the sub-text is pretty clear :D - He would prefer they stayed off the strong stuff.

Storm in a tea-cup......... :roll:
absolutely agree with you... quoted out of context for the sake of a good headline