Super Aguri delay launch after failing initial crash test

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
fraggle

Super Aguri delay launch after failing initial crash test

Apparently the monocoque failed the mandatory FIA crash test, which has put back the chance of launching in early February to late February.

johny

they didn't post a launch date, maybe they had some fears with their chassis strenght

bhall
bhall

johny wrote:they didn't post a launch date, maybe they had some fears with their chassis strenght
Or they just don't know when Honda will be finished building it. :lol:

m3_lover

I think this is a cover story... the only car that I can remember recently that failed a crash test was the Mclaren B car from acouple of years ago that they never raced (I think it was suppose to be introduced in 2003). These engineerings know what they are doing... I got to believe it has something to do with the Customer Car issue?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

fraggle

dunno.. and I've read somewhere that some are still not happy.. and there's more talk in the media about arbitration.

Sawtooth-spike

funny if it was red bull moaning about it
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

m3_lover

Nah it is all Spyker who is making the fuss
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Sawtooth-spike

true, if SA ur last years honda they should be a good midfield packages and with Ant driving the car, that basicly he tested all year long, he should be pretty good 2
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Yeah Spyker will be kicking up all the fuss, especially if SA get the Honda and Torro Rosso manage to get a copy of the RB3... Spyker will be miles behind.

fraggle

mike gascgoyne (that how you spell his surname?) said not to expect any significant development on the spyker cars until mid summer as it was too late to make any difference to them at the minute.

and it was spyker or rather Colin Kolles that wrote and protested back in November at the first of the winter tests to all the teams in the paddock, plus Bernie and Max (I can't remember who else's name was on the letter). Pictures then showed that the car that Super Aguri was running was virtually identical to the RA106.

But transfer of ownership rights to from Honda F1 to the main corporation, means that it exploits the loophole that exists which means (I think), that Super Aguri could run the Honda.. Although its interesting to note that in the articles that refer to the crash test failure that its a modified version of the RA106.

Spyker MF1

Can you blame Spyker for kicking up a fuss?

Also I seem to remember a few other teams agreeing. Williams and I think Ferrari even said they were against it. Can't remember the others
Best F1 games on the net for free check
http://batracer.com/ and
http://b3.f1managerpro.com/index.php

dumrick
dumrick

That point of the rules hasn't change since 1995 and I don't even remember back then anyone noticing the that the Benetton B195 and the Ligier JS41 were twins (both teams were run by Tom Walkinshaw)...

johny

teams are anticipating 2008 customer chassis rule, FIA won't ban any "twin cars" and the main looser it's spyker

nudge
nudge

its not at all unusual for a chassis to fail crash test...they just beef it up untill it passes...no big deal at all.
they only test one chassis, refered to as a referance chassis...trouble is, no body bothers to check if any other chassis actually matches the construction of the referance chassis. all the teams play the system.

greenpower dude reloaded

Now if I remember correctly didn't SA say that the current car is just an interim chassis and that they have no plans to actually race that car. So surely we should just be expecting an SA07 at some point it may well be a modified version of Honda's RA106 but SA know a lot more than we give them credit for so who knows where we will see them this season!!!

(im a pretty big fan so this maybe a little biased :lol: )