Why Kimi old 248 and Massa new F2007?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
onon

Why Kimi old 248 and Massa new F2007?

i got a question, i don't undertand why ferrari is letting Kimi to drive an old 248 and letting Massa to drive new F2007. Isnt it better for Kimi just to start driving new F2007. so he is quickly adapted to the new car instead of an old. or its gradual transition to ferrari cars.

please can someone explaine this to me.

bhall

There's only one F2007 at the moment, and Felipe's driving it because he can give feedback on it in comparison to the 248 F1.

onon

why make only one when there are two drivers. anyways thanks.

m3_lover

I believe it would have been wise for Kimi to try out the F248 with the bridgestones tires first so he gets acquitted with it (tyres and cars) because he was not allowed to test until after Jan 1st. After acouple of tries he should be suited for the F 2007...case in point look at Alonso.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

waynes

bhallg2k wrote:There's only one F2007 at the moment, and Felipe's driving it because he can give feedback on it in comparison to the 248 F1.
there isnt after Massa smashed it up :D

BreezyRacer

It's an effort to directly compare Kimi's experience with the McLaren against the same for same Ferrari. To be sure Ferrari are learning a lot from doing this.

Indeed, so is Kimi.

manchild

waynes wrote:there isnt after Massa smashed it up :D
:mrgreen:

[img:720:480]http://www.motorsport.com/photos/f1/200 ... p-0465.jpg[/img]

mx_tifoso

Massa did crash but it was at the beggining of the day, and due to very skillfull mechanics he was able to continue testing later in the day, but then he had some technical problems that completely halted his programme,
so the crash wasnt as bad as Hamilton's, he completely damaged his mclaren beyond repair

Scuderia Ferrari 2007 WCC
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Jason

Massa seem to have continued his tendency to spin and crash again. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

Deano_266

maybe hes just tryin to find its limits round different types of corners
Schumi the greatest will always live on in our memories

waynes

Deano_266 wrote:maybe hes just tryin to find its limits round different types of corners
to be fair, you dont really hear of Massa having an almighty shunt so much anymore

he's looking alot more controlled nowadays with the car and how he uses it

i70q7m7ghw

I'm pretty sure that was a damp track, and I can imagine alot of the drivers getting a bit fed up of the wet recently. The weather has been terrible this winter for F1.