Max Mosley

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
yin
yin

Max Mosley

again i'm new in F1,why people don't like Max Mosley?????and even call him Mad Max :?:

manchild

Re: Max Mosley

yin wrote:again i'm new in F1,why people don't like Max Mosley?????and even call him Mad Max :?:
Explaining that in one post would be like learning CFD in one day - impossible (but I'll give it a try) :lol:

Dictatorship attitude followed by suspicious politics and scandals. Frequent changes of regulations that fail one after another with no consequences at all for their creator. Ignoring safety for the sake of profit. Guiding F1 towards boring cup kind of series trough killing of small teams, abandoning famous circuits and banning technology.

When you combine the way Mosley runs FIA with his family background than you get Ein chassis, ein engine, ein tyre type of jokes as obvious and natural response. No one blames him for what his parents were but he runs FIA like true fascist so people connect such attitude with his family background. I'm the first one who protests when someone automatically equalizes children with their parents but Mosley really didn't deserve any better.

His mother with Hitler
[img:800:578]http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-Dia ... itler2.png[/img]

His mother and uncle Tom on Nazi rally in Nuremberg as Hitler's guests
[img:800:897]http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-Tom ... mberg2.png[/img]

His father with Mussolini
[img:200:277]http://img.search.com/4/45/300px-Mosleymussolini.jpg[/img]

fraggle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Mosley

Max's family origins aside .. The above should fill you in on his background..

Max is due to retire in Oct 09, and last year the rumour was that, Jean Todt was being groomed as a replacement to Max. But of course when the now in-famous rascasse gate incident struck, the furore that went through the paddock.. forced him to reconsider the decision...

Bearing in mind... Flavio's contract is set to expire in 08 with Renault F1... Could we see someone else on the move??? Flavio for FIA president? \:D/

Ciro Pabón

Briatore? Todt? We're gonna miss Mosley... :lol:
Ciro

whiplash

We will miss mosley like a bad headace long live the revolution

bizadfar

Please not Flavio. His too business oriented for the job.
His made it clear he wants some mumbo jumbo 2 races per GP, with reverse grids. and no more 2pm races "because it --- your sunday, you can't go to the beach and have lunch" what a --- joke ROFL.

whiplash

I Agree not Flavio I still hanker after the good old days of F1 one hour quali with a maxamum of 12 laps and super soft tyers at least when the session was over we knew which car was the fastest not this rubbish we have to put up with now.

ss_collins

My money is on David Richards

zenvision

I'd have Tony Purnell, he is the right blend of Flavio's creativity and Ron's leadership.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

m3_lover

whiplash wrote:I Agree not Flavio I still hanker after the good old days of F1 one hour quali with a maxamum of 12 laps and super soft tyers at least when the session was over we knew which car was the fastest not this rubbish we have to put up with now.
'

rubbish...you know now which car is the fastest in Q1
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Tom

yeah, but the 12 laps 1 hour system had class, it had excitement and it had the fastest guy at the front. Not the fastest guy over a lap, or the fastest guy to use up his fuel load the best. The old system had lap times tumbling every lap as the track got faster and there were times when within 5 secs the provisional pole man would change 7 times. You just don't see that anymore. Perhaps the FIA should run an unlimited amout of laps in 1 hour, then people would go out earlier because they weren't using up their preciouse laps anymore and we'd still see the final bomb to the finish with 3secs of qualifying left.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Keir

To be fair, I don't like Max Mosley, but would Jean-Marie Balestre have been able to deal with the deathh of Ayrton Senna and the subsequent changes required in the calm methodical way required?

I still think that Dave Richards would have been a natural succesor.

Keir

p.s. if you want to see 12 lap qualifying at its best, check out Scumacher Monaco 1996 on YouTube :)