Getting serious in Bahrain

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
allan

im not sure, but isn't it the first accident ever in Bahrain? I've never seen a car hitting a barrier there before!
i was looking at the track in google earth. The funny thing is, if u know where Bahrain is, u will get to the track right away! that country is so small!!!

manchild

Why wasn't Armco barrier isolated with old tyres?!!!

waynes

manchild wrote:Why wasn't Armco barrier isolated with old tyres?!!!
they melted in the desert heat

joseff

Because it's on the inside of the corner where they weren't expecting a hit?

zulus

Pitpass.com says Kimi is testing new aero package
Notable difference is rear wing development

pRo

Some news said that a strong wind might've caused Heikki's accident. Who knows, here's his own words:
"It was a small driving mistake. The car went a bit too far on the curb and went sideways. I couldn't catch it and went backwards into the rail. It caused enough damage to end my driving for today."

allan wrote:A crash for hiki this morning:
Hiki? I believe that's 'sweat' in finnish, perhaps not a good nick for him? :roll:
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

zulus

no doubts - they're identical
rbr vs str

Keir

The upper parts of the front wing are different on the new Ferrari aero package as well.

joseff

seen on the Unofficial WilliamsF1 Messageboard:

Keir

:lol:

FAAAAAAAKKKKEEE

dumrick

Keir wrote::lol:

FAAAAAAAKKKKEEE
I'm not saying it isn't, but how are you so sure? Only because there are two sets of mirrors? They could be doing a head-to-head comparison between the field of view of both layouts. And it's been neatly faked, with modified struts with larger bases, fixation holes that go through the panel they're fixed in...

Keir

dumrick wrote:
Keir wrote::lol:

FAAAAAAAKKKKEEE
I'm not saying it isn't, but how are you so sure? Only because there are two sets of mirrors? They could be doing a head-to-head comparison between the field of view of both layouts. And it's been neatly faked, with modified struts with larger bases, fixation holes that go through the panel they're fixed in...
Mostly because none of the test pictures from Bahrain have shown that mirror confguration on a car running on the circuit.

Saribro

bhall

Double post, sorry.
Last edited by bhall on 28 Feb 2007, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.

bhall

Keir wrote:The upper parts of the front wing are different on the new Ferrari aero package as well.
Ferrari has a new nose, new front and rear wings as well as a new, tighter-fitting engine cover.

And here's another picture of the new "mirrorball" McLaren. From this picture, it really looks like McLaren are giving Toyota a run for their money as far as who has the most cluttered car. It's getting really ugly fast.