Getting serious in Bahrain

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
joseff

I read that too, but I thought they meant "BMW had their 2006 wing, so with the 2007 wing they should be one or two tenths faster."

What's the diff between 06 and 07 wing regs anyway?

pRo

joseff wrote:I read that too, but I thought they meant "BMW had their 2006 wing, so with the 2007 wing they should be one or two tenths faster."

What's the diff between 06 and 07 wing regs anyway?
Nakamoto claims that BMW has been using a flexi wing in the testing and that they will be two tenths slower without it.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

BreezyRacer

I don't beleive they would be using the old design unless they have something "in the bag" that offers similar preformance that they don't want to show till they have to.

Certainly everyone on the grid would have to concur, otherwise it would be a pointless exercise.

Is testing banned now, or are the teams just done with all organized group testing for now? I ask because Red Bull are supposed to be testing a new aero package somewhere this week, if I remember correctly.

PNSD

They used wings in Bahrain that didnt have those vertical ermm things that maintain the slot gap, i think :p

look at the pictures...

but in previous tests they did... so their pace is still very strong.

pRo

BreezyRacer wrote:Is testing banned now, or are the teams just done with all organized group testing for now? I ask because Red Bull are supposed to be testing a new aero package somewhere this week, if I remember correctly.
I don't think it's banned. Toyota also said that they have to test in Jerez after Bahrain, cause they couldn't get all the work done in Bahrain.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Steve Wilson

Spyker had a short test at Silverstone yesterday...

Ranald

Steve Wilson wrote:Spyker had a short test at Silverstone yesterday...
Along with McLaren with Hamilton driving. The test was run on the National circuit and run largely for pit-stop practice. Spyker had their livery too, much nicer IMHO.

http://www.formulabrookes.co.uk/board.html

The pics are down toward the bottom.
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.

joseff

Wow, Spyker's gone back to Midland colors!