Fernando Alonso engineering scholarship

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ranald

Fernando Alonso engineering scholarship

Apparently Fernando Alonso is fronting a scholarship for Spanish engineers to attend Oxford Brookes Universities from the next academic year. the 12 students will be able to chose between MSC Motorsports Engineering and MSC Race Engineering Design.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/5000

Nice to see my University is regarded so highly. Who knows Fernando might even pop by. :D
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.

miqi23

Yeah, a very good effort on his behalf. At least it would get them started hopefully towards a career in Motorsport.

Apart from this, Renault F1 do this Altran academy placement as well.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/5042

astaroth

hello to everybody

i'm astaroth from spain. i'm new in the forum. i will apply for this scholarship. although it's very difficult, i will try it. this is a very good opportunity for anyone who loves the F1

Carlos

May I wish you good fortune in your pursuit - may your reserves of focus, discipline and insight be rewarded. You are fortunate to have such a goal before you.

Welcome to the forum - astaroth

Tom

I went for an open day at Brookes last week and its a stunning place, they've spent so much on the course, no other uni I've seen comes close.

Good choice for Fernando (his PR people at least) and apparently he only lives up the road too.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.