Tyre colouring in 2007

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ketanpaul

Well I am a diehard schumi/ferrari fan and I see nothing wrong with views that schumi haters put on this forum. I have never ever felt bad about someting Manchild or any other member wrote, so chill guys !!! :lol: :lol:

dumrick

You know, the worst part is that I read a month or so ago the same statement (that rear BS's are the 2004 ones), but I thought it was a public domain info and so I lost trace of it.

This was mentioned already related with Ferrari's weight distribution... I'll try to find the source this afternoon, after work...

allan

u know something? it's starting to make sense..
if it so, then it would also explain BMW's pace.. remember, Sauber were using Bridgestones in 2004 :wink:

allan

pRo wrote:allan, if you know, or think that this is just bs, I'm sure you can write better comments than "this is bs". Why don't you share your views with the matter with us, if you have anything other than "I like Ferrari, everything against them is bs". Use your vocabulary. We're here to discuss matters. That's the reason discussion boards exist in the first place. There's no use to argue, if you have nothing to argue with.
Well pro, with all my respect, and i mean it, this is not the first time, and not the last one either :wink: around2 weeks ago, i wrote this same comment somewhere else, because i knew that once the ferrari's show any sign of pace, somebody will jump up and say "well, because they cheated". i still expect the engine thing though:D .
In 2001, they cheated for introducing the wavy front wing, which by the way had to be changed more than 7 times to meet the regulations. 2002-2003, i don't really remember what was the nag about then. 2004, flexible floor in the 2004 made them dominate! 2005, well nothing obviously, except cheating by using bridgestones in the us gp, while they had to pull aside to let the rest of the pack pass them. :D
finally 2006 when they were accused again of flexible wings, which btw didn't slow them down, while when Renault were accused with the mass damper, GUESS WHO WAS CHEATING?? Exactly brother, Ferrari :wink: Want another incident? when fisi took hit michael's wheel in Brazil, did u hear anybody complaining? Imagine if massa hit alosno instead.
Pro, i don't need to show any evidence of ferrari's fair design, it's not them who are walking around accusing people of cheating right ? :wink:

m3_lover

allan wrote: finally 2006 when they were accused again of flexible wings, which btw didn't slow them down, while when Renault were accused with the mass damper, GUESS WHO WAS CHEATING?? Exactly brother, Ferrari :wink: Want another incident? when fisi took hit michael's wheel in Brazil, did u hear anybody complaining? Imagine if massa hit alosno instead.
Pro, i don't need to show any evidence of ferrari's fair design, it's not them who are walking around accusing people of cheating right ? :wink:

I thought that was the point with flexing wings that they didnt slow them down? They were racing with the damper since the end of the 2005 season...so why did it change? That is what all the fans made the fuss about because of the sudden change with no explanation on why it got changed around?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

mika vs michael

I thought this topic was about tyre colouring...not the past cheating sagas
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

flynfrog

so who will be the first team to use the hard set for the installation lap the change to softs for lap1?

Sawtooth-spike

i think every team will run softs at the start on a nice short stint. then switch to hards and run long maybe till the end of the race.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

flynfrog

Sawtooth-spike wrote:i think every team will run softs at the start on a nice short stint. then switch to hards and run long maybe till the end of the race.
i guess its a little more interesting than one tire compound for the entire race but id rather see a choice in there all bow to the FIA gods

GTO

There are a lot of differences from the F2004 to the F2007 like for instance a V8 which changes all the bodywork for the rear and radiator outlets and check the front wing of the F2004 to the F2007. This is some of the stuff that has changed from 2004 to 2007
My point exactly also considering all the changes req'd for the car...so I don't see the advantage alluded to in the article, that Ferrari will be getting this year using BS tires (no pun intended). If BS wants to make 2007 tires and base it on 2004 version, it's their prerogative to do so to save costs. Do you really expect them to start from clean slate for 2007? I wouldn't.

Therefore, I don't see how he/you/anyone can conclude that there's something suspicious going on and
this years F1 championship is already decided

pRo

Back to the topic, BS has confirmed that there will be a 3cm white circle on the sidewall of the softer compound.
Last edited by pRo on 15 Mar 2007, 13:57, edited 1 time in total.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

BreezyRacer

A whitewall? And the same color as the Bridgestone label? Ugly, and confusing. I never thought I would see whitewalls on an F1 car :lol:

I would think it could be something subtle like an underline under the Bridgestone label that was in red or light blue. The second color would show up well on a spinning tire BTW.

For you "kids" out there we used to have whitewalls in the 60's. They were an "upscale" tire and looked "cool" for the older generation in their day, at least here in the states.

pRo

No, not a whitewall. Sorry about my english, I don't know the right term. But it's a white circle/dot with 3cm diameter. It's just that small dot when the tyre is still, but kinda looks like a whitewall in motion.

Hope you understand what I mean. 8)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

Sodder

Heres a pic of the dot.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=30738

(sorry had to link the page, the pic has a copywrite on it)

I think a lot of poeple were feeling that this is what the tire was going to look like.

Something about a white sidewall in Formula 1 makes my stomach hurt.
All I know is I don't know much....

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6l

Rob W

Good to see they've gone with the dot... As I said a week or so ago - most teams would just not stand for having coloured tire walls due to ruining the aesthetics of their colour-scheme which in almost every case is linked to major sponsors.

RW