Unraced

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ss_collins

Unraced

Hi all bit of shameless plugging to do - my new book Unraced Formula 1's lost cars is out in the next couple of weeks so I thought I'd give you a quick teaser. The lola pics in the airbox thread are also from the book - its on amazon now...

SSC

benjabulle

Good news, I'm a proud owner of every issue of Racecar engineering mag, I have to get this one 8)

ss_collins

you got Volume 1? we don't!

ss_collins

I have never seen that! Thank you.

I should point out that my books are seperate from the mags and tend to cover motorsports history rather than current engineering. If you look at the Dome F105 hindsight article from last years mags (forget which issue - sorry) thats a shortened extract. So it has a fair bit of tech content and pics of cars you otherwise probably wouldn't see. Though some cars were difficult to get tech images of.

waynes

that car in post 1 is a jordan 191 with Honda photoshopped onto it or is it my drunken eyesight?

:D

ss_collins

the car in post 1 had a substantially higher budget than the Jordan 191 I suspect. Its also more recent.

waynes

ss_collins wrote:the car in post 1 had a substantially higher budget than the Jordan 191 I suspect. Its also more recent.
you suspect correct no doubt BUT

tell me its not a heavily ripped off 191

rear wing
front wing
nose
front suspension layout

ss_collins

the car was built two to four years after the 191, is fitted with a V12 but yes there are some visual similarities - but I really think its a totally different car

kurtiejjj

Ah it has a V12, I thought it was the Jos Verstappen Honda from 1999.

ss_collins

No thats a hugely different car, JV drive the RA099, a car that should have raced and never did - 6 cars were built. This is an earlier project

zac510

Sounds like an interesting book.

simtek101

Picked up a copy of 'Unraced' at my local Borders on Sunday..

Buried in the 'Oversize' Sport Books section..

Glad I did..

This is a beautiful thing...

Also: (Book related)

This has probably been discussed elsewhere on the forum, but...

Which of the two Peter Wright technical books comes most recommended..

(Under the skin..Ferrari or Formula 1 Technology)..

I have the chance of either but haven't the budget to cover both this month..

So, it's one or the other..

Help...

Cheers

K

Carlos

My Favourite unraced F1 car. The 1978 Alfa Romeo.

ss_collins

Thanks K, genuinley means a lot.

I'll be honest I wasn't overly happy with Unraced - but its selling well - its my first F1 book and I thought these cars needed writing about before they vanished - heres some pics that never made the book cos the team insisted on cleaning the car up before I saw it...

a shame as I discovered that it had been left in a field for years and was covered in crap... (and looked mega apparently)