McLaren Grand Prix League 2007

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Saribro

Super Aguri let me down this weekend :(.

NumberTwo

Hey, transfer window 1 open now. I think I'll drop Liuzzi, Davidson and Barrichello...but who to pick up?

pRo

And we have a new #1 again! :D

This is very close and very exciting. It clearly shows that this site has ppl with knowledge, cause the league is this close. I'm also on another league (with another name) and it's not even fun, cause the 2nd guy is at 1315 points. :?

1 Freebird Racing 1769
2 pRo 1763
3 SBQ 1717
4 Msagro Dynamics 1714
5 We@sel F1 1701
6 nae power 1697
7 astsmtl 1689
8 Saribro Racing 1675
9 X-2 1665
10 EAKMotorsports 1604
11 MaJiK 1579
12 FKRacing 1570
13 Magical Samurai 1569
14 Team JTW 1564
15 cF 1557
16 Paul Motorsport F1 1514
17 Tom Dawson motorsport 1460
18 waynes 1426
19 SloMo Racing 1272
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

pRo

NumberTwo wrote:Hey, transfer window 1 open now.
"THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS CURRENTLY CLOSED

You can make transfers at the following times:

Transfer Window 1: 13th May - 25th May 2007"

Is it? Or was it? :? It's 14th now and says to me that it's closed.

astsmtl

NumberTwo wrote:Hey, transfer window 1 open now. I think I'll drop Liuzzi, Davidson and Barrichello...but who to pick up?
AFAIK you can transfer only one team and one driver.

chasefreak

can my other team also be added
ness

thankzzz

astsmtl

chasefreak wrote:can my other team also be added
ness

thankzzz
Added.

pRo

pRo wrote:
NumberTwo wrote:Hey, transfer window 1 open now.
"THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS CURRENTLY CLOSED

You can make transfers at the following times:

Transfer Window 1: 13th May - 25th May 2007"

Is it? Or was it? :? It's 14th now and says to me that it's closed.
To answer myself, now it's actually open.

checkered

So, has anyone made

changes to their team(s)? I haven't really thought about it yet, but as the window is closing, I guess I have to make a stab at it. I lost some of my enthusiasm TBH as I had such a crappy weekend in Barcelona ... my standing took a dive, from 266th to 632nd. ](*,) The gap to the current top honcho is 99 pts, more than doubling too from a mere 45 last time around. The trend ain't good,

Australia 452 pts
Malaysia 442 pts (-10 difference from previous)
Bahrain 428 pts (-14)
Spain 395 pts (-33)

making a rough extrapolation to

Monaco 319 pts (-76)?

so I definitely got to try sumpthin'. But curiously, my gap to our F1T mini league leader seems to be pretty much level. The coming races are very different, so it seems to be a balancing act, going for the best average. You think Renault is getting on top of their problems? Symonds said as much, they're focusing on the front end of the car, clearly onto something and there's nothing wrong with their engine. RBR might prove to be fast, but is it too fragile?

And so on. Anyway, do comment if you think you've come up with good strategies to defend F1T's honor in the overall competition.

astsmtl

checkered wrote:So, has anyone made
You can check which transfers were made by clicking on the team name, try my team - http://www.mclaren.com/gpleague/showteam.php?id=astsmtl
checkered wrote:And so on. Anyway, do comment if you think you've come up with good strategies to defend F1T's honor in the overall competition.
I had participated in 2006 and learned some lessons:
  • Teams bring you more points than drivers (with the same price), so try to take best teams.
  • When you registered the team you had limits based on groups. You must take only one team from group A, only two from group B etc... But there is no such limitation during transfer windows!

Ted68

Out Barrichello in Speed. Out Super Aguri in Williams.
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

checkered

OK, I might come to

regret my choices, but it's more of a "gain or bust" approach than trying to ape the top players. Had I done everything like the overall top 20 have, the gap would've remained the same, right? And I want none of that. It's another thing altogether whether anyone can make better choices than the current leaders have. I switched

Toyota to Renault
Kovalainen to Coulthard

feeling that the coming races (Monaco, Canada, US, France and Britain before the next transfer window) favor experience and that, without the fuel rig problem, Renault would've shown clear progress in Barcelona, which is a bellweather track after all. BMW has a lot of new technology, so that will affect reliability, whereas Renault is mainly tinkering with the car's front end aero - which is not going to make the engine blow or hydraulics fail.

Besides, I have invested in both BMW drivers anyway so if they continue to do well, I won't suffer too much. I actually had quite a few options, some of which remain feasible after this transfer, too. Funny thing, all the top players have Super Aguri in their teams, almost without fail.

pRo

:cry:

pRo
Score: 2160
Position: 384
Position Change: - 252

West

This always happens. I either choose good teams or good drivers and I still end up with low points. I thought that strategy would cover all the points.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

mahesh248

dam super aguri ...i lost all my points because of them ...and raikkonen also ...dam his bad luck is affecting me now ....