SPEED TV s***ks

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
EAKMotorsports
EAKMotorsports

SPEED TV s***ks

Man I was so pissed off with speed tv they say the f1 qualy will pass 11:30pm est ( btw the in australia the qualy aready starded) and the qualy starts 11:45pm est. speed tv u getting worse, worse every day.. :( :evil:
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` * EAK

ferrarigp
ferrarigp

yep, that is sad. I'm happy that I have some other alternative for watching the qualifs.....

I still dont get how could speed possibly not show F1 qualifying live in order to show some trucks going around 120 times in circles live.... no sense.

Also, and this is not for the fun of bashing speedtv, but is anyone else disappointed that the 16:9 World F1 feed is broadcasted cropped to fit 4:3 on speed?

m3_lover

I love tape delayahahaha
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

allan
allan

ferrarigp wrote:Also, and this is not for the fun of bashing speedtv, but is anyone else disappointed that the 16:9 World F1 feed is broadcasted cropped to fit 4:3 on speed?
yep, this has been pissing me off for the whole weekend :D

Phoenix

Is there any alternative that people in the U.S. have found because I do not enjoy watching SpeedTV's coverage. (The delay, the non-live showings, the commercials...I could go on and on...).

Please, someone save me from SpeedTV!

jaho101

sd

ESPN to the rescue.

m3_lover

I dont think Espn covers F1 live does it?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

f1.redbaron

There is an alternative. You can join me and not watch it :D :D

Speed's qualifying is like that, so if you really have to watch live timing, you're SOL. But, if LT is not an issue, just watch the tape delayed version. Better than what I have - which is nothing.

If you can get Canada's TSN, they have it live, although that comes at a price - you have to listen Vic Rauter talk endlessly about Villeneuve.

But the important part is that the race is live!

allan
allan

the race is also live on Speed.
The only thing that's bothering me so far is the onboard camera! i already have a wide screen tv, so u can imagine how stretched the cars look onboard :D

pyry
pyry

watch star sports
four rings to rule them all

Becker4
Becker4

I agree the logistics of speed tv's coverage isn't very good, however, I think we have some great announcers - especially compared to the complaints I hear from people in other countries about theirs.

EAKMotorsports
EAKMotorsports

watch late program isn't good loss all the mean. And watch the qualy in live timing no good eider. I pay to watch this channel and that he gimme back. btw speedtv only pass nascar now all weekend long that s**ks and nascar already pass in anorther channels about 5 channels for nascar. I want to watch DTM, WRC, F1, WTCC, FIA-GT but no luck. speedtv needs to change that name of the channel again for nascartv.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` * EAK

Sodder
Sodder

Becker4 wrote:I agree the logistics of speed tv's coverage isn't very good, however, I think we have some great announcers - especially compared to the complaints I hear from people in other countries about theirs.
You don't have to go outside the United States to hear really bad commentary for Formula 1. Just look to CBS, Derek Daily and Ralph Schaheen. Those guys are aweful.

I personally love Speed simply for Varsha, Matchet, Hobbs, and pit reports from Peter Windsor. Can't beat those guys.
All I know is I don't know much....

http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?6l

pyry
pyry

EAKMotorsports wrote:watch late program isn't good loss all the mean. And watch the qualy in live timing no good eider. I pay to watch this channel and that he gimme back. btw speedtv only pass nascar now all weekend long that s**ks and nascar already pass in anorther channels about 5 channels for nascar. I want to watch DTM, WRC, F1, WTCC, FIA-GT but no luck. speedtv needs to change that name of the channel again for nascartv.
i see you've furiously worked on your english skills :)
four rings to rule them all

captainmorgan
captainmorgan

the speed tv commentators spend almost as much time commentating as they do grunting or making exclamatory "OH OH OH!" like giddy schoolgirls.

nothing beats itv, absolutely nothing