Kimi can go faster ?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Hondanisti

Kimi can go faster ?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/57328

Kimi in the post-qualy interview:

I'm not really exactly happy with the car but it was quick enough and we need to do a bit of work for tomorrow still.

did anyone catch the entire radio conversation over the F1 feed as Kimi was pulling into parc ferme just after Q3 with Chris Dyer, his race engineer (Schumi's ex-race engineer) ? After Kimi had set the 1 min. 26.0 pole time, they made a second run after that in Q3 and he was "slower" at 1 min. 26.2 and they were discussing adjustments to correct it (for race pace, I presume),

I didn't quite hear all of the discussion....
Hungaroring 2006: Honda Stopped Dreaming & Got On With It!

INTEGRATION & LEARNING

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I'm of the opinion that Kimi has no motivation or real interest in testing. It's only when things are for real, when true competition is going on, is when he starts to "get it on".

Hondanisti

"get it on" he did....

when you pull a 1 min. 25.2 fastest race lap on lap 41 and your pole was 1 min. 26.0 , that's one statement. They obviously adjusted the electronic map to get more pace after the qualy debrief.

when you have a 15 sec gap by lap 15 to your nearest rival, that's another statement.

you wonder if he got too cocky in toying with the field and pushed the engine too hard when he could have conserved it for Malaysia ?

the thing about Malaysia is: the engines stay sealed for 3 wk for their second weekend and Kimi will have Massa on even par to contend with. Massa's fastest race lap was a 1 min 27.04 and was not pushing his motor and will have plenty for Sepang.

if the competition doesn't catch up, there's still the race between Kimi and Felipe that we will see...like Prost and Senna in the McLaren Honda years. Kimi had it all his way this weekend. That's not going to repeat all year.

They still can take each other out too....
Hungaroring 2006: Honda Stopped Dreaming & Got On With It!

INTEGRATION & LEARNING

Tp
Tp

Hondanisti wrote:did anyone catch the entire radio conversation over the F1 feed as Kimi was pulling into parc ferme just after Q3 with Chris Dyer...
Yeah, he was just talking about about the bite point of the clutch for tomorrow (race day) and the fuel credits Kimi received.