Malaysia preview

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Saribro
Saribro

DaveKillens wrote:I have a personal theory about Kimi. Ferrari have always been fully aware of the big picture, the final outcome of the titles. Maybe they have decided against an engine change and have instead decided to run reduced revs, a certain fourth, probably third or second rather than starting mid pack and risking more? Ferrari probably have great race pace, and Kimi will be able to hold his own even running 500 revs less.
Possibly. It would also give them a fresh engine in Bahrain, another hot GP.

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Just watching ITV's coverage of the race in the UK.
I have just seen an advert for the Fiat Scudo with MS taking the staring role.
ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor bloke. He must be desperate for cash.

EDIT - Found it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCpSWCVIOKA

bizadfar
bizadfar

monkeyboy1976 wrote:Just watching ITV's coverage of the race in the UK.
I have just seen an advert for the Fiat Scudo with MS taking the staring role.
ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor bloke. He must be desperate for cash.

EDIT - Found it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCpSWCVIOKA
As if. He was higehst paid f1 driver something like tens of millions pounds per year. It's all about image my friend. I know some retards see that Bridgestone seemed to perform a bit better towards the end of last season? What do they do? Go buy bridgstones for their road cars and think they miles better... just image and advertising.

TeamPrincipal
TeamPrincipal

hi people
mclaren ruling by now

Ciro Pabón

"We did it!" :P :D :o :lol: =D> \:D/

Kimi fans, sorry, my heart is racing but: :-$
Ciro

wazojugs

excellent race nice to see alonso made the right move mclaren.

good commeradery between alonso and lewis and the end of the race.

great watching ron dennis blanking kimi in the weighing in room.

vyselegend

Well, that was quite a good race :)

Great win of Fernando, and confirmation that Lewis Hamilton is the next World champion, probably next year. He managed to control both Massa and Raikonen, a race under heavy pressure from start to finish. I'm really impressed!

I though Ferrari were stronger than that, friday they were even faster on hards than the rest of the field in soft, and finally they were outpaced by the Macca.

Renault's pace is worrying, it's confirmed now they are not only outpaced by Ferrari, Mac Laren and BMW, but by Williams as well (in race & qualy perfs), and possibly Toyota... :roll:

However, reliability seems good and Fisichella is showing a very decent level of performance for the first two races. It's too early to say he's now a true leader, but he's credible in this role up to now.

What happened with Coulthard? Why did he quit, he had a normal pace before pitting but never exited the pits...

wazojugs

vyselegend wrote:What happened with Coulthard? Why did he quit, he had a normal pace before pitting but never exited the pits...
He steering was locking in one direction came back into pits to see if could be fixed and resent back out on track

vyselegend

Thanks for answear.
wazojugs wrote: He steering was locking in one direction came back into pits to see if could be fixed and resent back out on track
That's strange... A broken steering column? It's difficult to believe it could fail without a shock. :?

wazojugs

vyselegend wrote:Thanks for answear.
wazojugs wrote: He steering was locking in one direction came back into pits to see if could be fixed and resent back out on track
That's strange... A broken steering column? It's difficult to believe it could fail without a shock. :?
that what came back in the ITV commentary, maybe the rack was sticking?

wazojugs

Fisi rolls another excuse out of the book

"A really tough race for me because I haven't felt well for several days and I've been taking medications, so I was suffering," the Italian told RAI. "Luckily I have a good physical preparation which allowed me to be consistent and perfect in the race without making any mistakes.

Tp
Tp

Hamilton just keeps getting better and better, third in Australia, second in Malaysia, first in Bahrain?

I think today's performance was very un-rookie like. He seemed to cope with the pressure of the Ferrari's bearing down on him, for most of the race, yet he kept his cool, never making a mistake, in what was meant to be the most toughest race of the year, he made it look easy (compare the state of Kimi to Lewis after the GP).

There are a few problems that could arise through the season though.

I was told that the Mclaren MP4-22 was actually designed around Alonso's unusual late turn-in style. Hamilton was told that he would have to adapt his style. Could this be prehaps why Hamilton's car slides around alot at the back and Alonso's doesn't?

So already Mclaren will be geared heavily towards Alonso, which I suppose is a sensible idea, Hamilton could also learn alot from the double World Champion. But what happens when they become similar on pace, and team tactics needs to be implemented to favour one driver. Can a team be successful with two equally paced drivers? I suspect (even maybe after this year) Hamilton will carry his momentum from Mclaren and join another team, to become the number one driver and have a better chance to win the Championship.

waynes
waynes

Tp wrote:Hamilton just keeps getting better and better, third in Australia, second in Malaysia, first in Bahrain?
you sound as bad as James Allen off ITV-F1, no offence BUT he's had enough time in the car, the car is rapid so he SHOULD be in those positions

cant wait for Hamilton to make his first mistake, everyone will be right on his case then

MMUK

Tp wrote:I suspect (even maybe after this year) Hamilton will carry his momentum from Mclaren and join another team, to become the number one driver and have a better chance to win the Championship.
Not anytime soon i dont think. Lewis will be under tight wraps with Mclaren. Mclaren via Ron Dennis have been involved throughout Hamilton's motorsport career, and they will be keen to see a return in their investment.

Besides if Hamilton does become the equal of Alonso in racing terms, Hamilton will be a far more attractive employee because im sure his wage packet is a fraction of Alonsos. Plus he's a sponsorships dream... young, the novelty of being the first black driver, and highly skilled... and British!

Tp
Tp

Come on Waynes, you're a fellow Brit, aren't you excited at the prospect that we might have a F1 Champion?
MMUK wrote:Not anytime soon i dont think. Lewis will be under tight wraps with Mclaren. Mclaren via Ron Dennis have been involved throughout Hamilton's motorsport career, and they will be keen to see a return in their investment.

Besides if Hamilton does become the equal of Alonso in racing terms, Hamilton will be a far more attractive employee because im sure his wage packet is a fraction of Alonsos. Plus he's a sponsorships dream... young, the novelty of being the first black driver, and highly skilled... and British!
I totally agree. But from Hamilton's point of view, he wants to be World Champion and I can't see it happening with Mclaren, I bet he will receive some tempting offers from other teams. But like you said, would he leave? Hamilton seems the type of driver that would be loyal to the Mclaren team, especially after all Ron has done for him. But it's hard to say