Massa is Idiot

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Is Massa Idiot?

Yes
83%
Yes
17%

Total votes: 35

bizadfar

Yes I recognised the elements of sarcasm in there. Which is why i said this at the end. Kept all of what I written before in anyway.
Ciro Pabón wrote:Thank heaven no sarcasm is allowed in this forum. Someone could try to belittle the drivers that risk their lifes for our entertainement (if you can call that sleepy parade entertaining) on every race. If I see some sarcastic people around here I will denounce them to the forum moderator.
Eat your words then.

Torso

Ferrari doesn`t have a racer like Schumacher anymore, one that can turn a race around. Massa is quick but wild and Raikkonen is steady but slow.

And when they also lack Brawns capacity on strategy then u have results like in Malaysia.

F2007 is the faster car, but McLaren uses their package and team orders more wisely.

Ciro Pabón

bizadfar wrote:Yes I recognised the elements of sarcasm in there. Which is why i said this at the end. Kept all of what I written before in anyway.

Eat your words then.
This is a totally serious post: sorry bizadfar. I did not want to offend you in any way. Again, welcome to the forum.

Most people here is more or less used to my twisted sense of humour. Next time I'll sprinkle a few smilies.

It's just that I try hard for people to recognize all drivers are admirable, not only the ones I root for... Besides, it seems important for me not to step on anybody's toes: a few people enters once in a while trying to prove XXXX superiority or YYYYY imbecility and I make jokes on them, instead of arguing with them directly.

I thought it was clear what I was saying: to bash drivers is not useful and only leads to flame wars.

All people here admire drivers and consider F1 to be a beautiful sport: only people in flames, normally when his favorite team has a less than brilliant presentation, becomes angry with drivers that, I believe, give us their best. Normally, after a couple of jokes and a few days of perspective, they can see better.

I'm moooore than sure that after Bahrain all tifosi will see things clearer. Right now most forums I frequent are full of Ferrrari's fans blaming Felipinho... I bet you they will change their mind pretty soon and this thread COULD become another way to tease people around here. I still think is more or less stupid to blame a driver for NOT winning. Nobody with a gram of justice in his mind will think they do it because they are fools or incompetents.

Peace, man. :)

BTW, I don't mind to eat my words: I've said many times that I try hard for them to be sweet, just in case I have to swallow them. That's why I don't like people calling names to drivers. Who knows, perhaps Felipe might win next race. What are the ones that voted for his imbecility say then?

Again, and respectfully, welcome to the forum. We all try to be gentlemen around here and it has worked wonders.
Ciro

bizadfar

Peace mate. 8)

But I do not see what is wrong with pointing out ones mistakes. After all you improved after you take the first step to accept them. I really think if he switched over to the inside asap on the start, the race would've held more fortune for him. But he didn't and let Hamilton slip by (I think I understand how someone can just be miles back then all of sudden right beside you and you didn't notice till too late). This put way too much pressure on himself. And he went very aggressive. WHen I was watching the first few laps, (after the start) I was very impressed with how he was dancing and attacking Hamilton. but I guess a bit of inexperience caught him out.

By the way, I'm no ferrari fan or any team fan. I use to be a Mclaren supporter funny enough till I opened my eyes a while ago (maybe half a decade or so now).

West

Torso wrote:Ferrari doesn`t have a racer like Schumacher anymore, one that can turn a race around. Massa is quick but wild and Raikkonen is steady but slow.

And when they also lack Brawns capacity on strategy then u have results like in Malaysia.

F2007 is the faster car, but McLaren uses their package and team orders more wisely.
This post totally makes sense.

Figure out if there's sarcasm in my post or not.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

mx_tifoso

What Massa needs is more confidence and courage, he's not an idiot, he simply needs to improve his defence, as well as his attacks, keep level headed and not make irrational decisions,
I suggest to Massa going over Schumacher footage from previous seasons, and/or learning from Alonso's consistancy, which is what has been a key to his great success these few past seasons

Im sure if Massa had not commited at least one * of the many errors he made on sunday he would have at least been on the podium

*IMO, that being where he overtakes Hamilton but then goes offtrack to lose 2 positions, and thus ending up in 5th place

As a Ferrari fan I am somewhat shocked at the damage Hamilton WILL do this season to Massa's or Raikkonen's title hopes, only time will tell though

I can only be content that next weekend both Massa & Raikkonen will have fresh engines and will be at full potential, my hopes are for a Ferrari 1-2, and no McLaren on the podium 8)

Scuderia Ferrari 2007 WCC
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Tom

Well I may be an old fashioned style racer but I thought they all deserved a jolly good pat on the back and a medal for starting such a grueling event. Have no doubt temperatures in the cars (and pits) were soaring and to have the stamina to survive 10 laps under their strain is imense, but 56, thats ridiculous. Sure Massa made some errors but he was trying to overtake, remember, that thing we all yearn for more of? yes he was having a go, so he made a mistake or two, no reason to hang the poor guy. Hamilton had one hell of a race fending off both Ferrari and keeping his world champion team mate only 20 secs up the road, and indeed catching up at some points.
Lets all just calm down, not be sarcastic and anticipate the next race with school-girl glee.

P.S. Nasty trick having two yes options in the poll, I didn't pay atention and clicked the bottom one assuming it was no.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

checkered

Lets all just calm down, not be sarcastic and anticipate the next race with school-girl glee.
:lol:

Tom, apparently it takes "an old fashioned style racer's" heart and perception to find an apex to turn the discussion. One doesn't come across sarcasm-defeating sarcasm so often.

When anyone asks me about the best race ever, I tend to answer: "The next one." Or to paraphrase Nancy Sinatra's Bond theme ...

"You only drive twice
or so it seems,
One drive for yourself
and one for your dreams.

You drift through the bends
and life seems tame,
Til' one track appears
and race is its name.

And that track is a stranger
who'll beckon you on,
Don't think of the danger
or the rivals are gone.

This dream is for you,
so pay the price.
Make one dream come true,
you only drive twice."

ss.vamsikrishna

massa is not a world champion material , it is just during the testing media hyped him so , as kimi was just getting used to car and kimi is a fast learner. Once he has the pole he should have taken the inside line at the start itself rather than waiting for the turn and giving alonso all the time in the world to overtake him, that sucks man.and the way he was fooled by
hamilton shows he is just good in qualifying and does not have race intelligence .massa sucks.... :D

Scuderia_Russ

ds.raikkonen wrote:that right hander is very tricky...even while playing F1 on my comp, i lost rear grip completely many times...although its good for o.t.,it shud be handled very carefully...
LOL.

I don't think Massa is an idiot but I certainly rolled my eyes when he went off the road. I thought he was certain to win the race before qualifying even started after his Melbourne comeback drive. I have to agree with James Allen when he said "I'm sure if Michael Schumacher was driving that car he wouldn't be sitting in fifth place and would have being able to pull something out of the bag." It's like he read my mind.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

Principessa

This is turning into an idiotic topic, let's talk about the technical stuff again :wink: