Mark Webber's 'footwork'

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bizadfar

vyselegend wrote:I feel a bit naive there, but could it be that blipping throttle while braking avoid rear locking in turn entrance (braking zone), then keeping a slight brake while accelerating helps avoid wheelspin (with no or low TC setting that is) in turn exit?
Would explain that both pedals are sollicitated during whole turn.
Braking a tiny bit while exiting corner is just added brake wear. They'd have to run bigger brake ducts most likely, and that's just lost aero efficiency. But yea if the car hits some oversteer, the brake then can be used. Blipping prevents rear locking, yup.

Tom

Well guys I have come agonbisingly close to rolling and I'd like a go at driving upside down. You get me an F1 car and a tunnel, i'll sort the life insurance.
Actually my racing is going down hill fast, i need cash, all the other guys are starting to get sponsors and my main rival has a Golf GTi. Its like F1 in fast forward. Starting with colourful cars, getting sponsors and now entering the Turbo era, I have no chance.

Any ideas you suggest I'll give them a go and attach a camera to the car so you can see the results.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.