S.Vettel + ProDrive

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mx_tifoso

S.Vettel + ProDrive

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/57995

With BMW not knowing what to do with Vettel for 2008, and Heidfield continuing his strong performance through '07, I figure it would be wise to "lend" Vettel to Prodrive for their inaugural season, or two,
And since STR has denied rumors of borrowing him for just one season, what will Vettel have as options? Considering the fact that he wants to RACE

What do you guys think about this issue? What do you believe will happen?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

whiplash

From what has been said or implied Prodrive will be Mclaren B team so it is more likely that Pedro de la Rosa will be driving
Last edited by whiplash on 19 Apr 2007, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.

mx_tifoso

De La Rosa and who else do you think might fit the bill? Could it possible be a new driver from GP2? Like Hamilton came straight from there to a race driving position,
A thought just came into my head though, could it possible be that Hakkinen might come back into F1? All his testing and driving surely must not be in vane, or for the pure joy of it, there must be a logical reason for all that, including his attendance to the most recent GP's, dating back to the Brazilian GP, IIRC

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(MAYBE ITS M.SCHUMACHER TO THE RESCUE!! He can kick butt all the way from the back markers!) :shock:

Ranald

Hakkinen has said on more than one occasion that he will not be coming back to Formula 1 under any circumstances. I would have thought Gary Paffet would be in the frame for a seat if Prodrive does become a McLaren B team.
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.

ketanpaul

There is a possibility that Prodrive actually gets engines from BMW in which case Vettel will certainly get the seat.

m3_lover

I do believe that Gary Praffet is guranteed a spot at Prodrive since it is most likely that Prodrive will team up with Mclaren. I love to see what he can do.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Steven
Owner

m3_lover wrote:I do believe that Gary Praffet is guranteed a spot at Prodrive since it is most likely that Prodrive will team up with Mclaren. I love to see what he can do.
If Paffet was all that good in an F1 car, don't you think Ron would have put him in the car instead of Hamilton? I think neither De La Rosa or Paffett will get a seat in the Prodrive car next year.
Being a trend these days, a couple of youngsters might be the solution.

m3_lover

Well Lewis was coming in and Ron wanted the best value for his money..so putting in Jamilton seem the right thing to do...plus Gary was close to be signed by Honda...but it went to Christian Klien..which still baffles me why they would pick him as a test driver since he didn't do well at Red Bull or Jaguar Racing.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

mx_tifoso

Number 38

PLEASE>>>>>>>no more rookies ......... BUT ......... If Dave Richards really has to rely on one, I'm available.

whiplash

In a resent interview David Richards said he would proberbly use the prodive exsisting model when it came to selecting drivers one older with lots of experience and a new hot shoe rookie so we will just have to wait and see may well be del a rosa and Gary Paffet

mx_tifoso

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/58621

Paffet confident about 2008 Prodrive F1 seat. And supposedly Richards wants the combination of a young driver and an "older" experienced driver. But who would be the "young gun" partnering Paffet ?

Quick note: I wonder what Hamilton would be capable of accomplishing in a non-perfect car/top team :?:

mx_tifoso

Re: S.Vettel + ProDrive

mx_tifosi wrote:And since STR has denied rumors of borrowing him for just one season, what will Vettel have as options? Considering the fact that he wants to RACE
Who would have guessed that Vettel would go to STR :?: :shock:

modbaraban

Change the topic name please... into "Prodrive to F1 (?)"

EDIT: just read about the Pedro's Prodrive contact being possibly announced @ Turkey.

Belatti

Tomba wrote:
m3_lover wrote:I do believe that Gary Praffet is guranteed a spot at Prodrive since it is most likely that Prodrive will team up with Mclaren. I love to see what he can do.
If Paffet was all that good in an F1 car, don't you think Ron would have put him in the car instead of Hamilton? I think neither De La Rosa or Paffett will get a seat in the Prodrive car next year.
Being a trend these days, a couple of youngsters might be the solution.
Why not? Paffet can be good, but Ron maybe decided to get a better one (Lewis)...
Pedro is quite good also...

Then driver nationalities would be McLAren copycat... jeje :D
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna