Prodrive and Honda F1 open days

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ranald

Prodrive and Honda F1 open days

Having read Principessas account of her visit to Toyota F1 I thought I would let you all now of oppertunities to have the same experience.
Both Prodrive and Honda F1 are holding open days on the weekend of the 14th/15th of July. There are not many details of the Honda day but they are due to be posted on their website soon. But I know that atleast some of the drivers will be there but I am not sure of the access to the facilities.
There are plenty of details regarding the Prodrive open day in Banbury here: http://www.prodrive.com/level2.html?id=41
The tickets cost £12 ( all prodeces going to charity) and are a must for any racing fan. Most of Prodrives facilities will be open and free to roam. The Subaru WRT will set up there entire service park and will be working on the cars throughout the weekend. Aston Martin Racing will also be present doing pitstop demonstrations too. I would emplore all of you to go out and buy your tickets now. I have been to Prodrive my self a couple of times and the place is quite remarkable.
Hopefully I will see some of you there!
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.

ds.raikkonen

Well, id love to..the only problem being that im 'just' 10000odd kms away from the UK :oops: :lol:
..the only real driving experience we got here in India was the Porsche's driving clubs which were arranged in Mumbai to teach and collect potential customers...
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

waynes

deffo want in on that Honda one

Ranald

Without wanting to sway anyone I would be fairly certain that the Prodrive day will offer much better access.
"I was having a ---" - Kimi Riakkonens response to Martin Brundles questioning of why he had missed Peles presentation to Michael Schumacher before the Brazilian GP 2006.

RH1300S

I went to the Prodrive day last year - would definately recommend it. It won't blow your mind like an F1 facility (was invited to Renault a couple of years ago :D).

Just a great atmosphere, and good chance to get up close to the cars and generally the day has plenty of enertainment.

Dave Richards even strolled through the throng chatting to people 8)

waynes

ds.raikkonen

this Q is off the topic but can anybody tell me about 'anti-lag' and the 'trick differential' found in the pro-drive P2?
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Steve Wilson

Honda tickets have just gone on sale at http://www.hondaracingf1shop.com get them quick!!

I've just got mine and I also got Prodrive tickets so it's gonna be a good weekend!!!

scarbs

I've been on tours of the Honda factory a few times. I'd say they would be one of the better f1 teams to visit. I doubt you'll get to see the windtunnel, but you'll get lots of view of other stuff, cars and components, that you probably won't get any where else.

Me, well I'll be at prodrive on the Sunday if anyone wants to say Hi...!