Mclaren Cheating !!??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
leomax

chasefreak wrote:i was going through soem videos of the friday testing and the mclaren fron wing seem to flex the most only that that turn....... so as someone said we need to see if everyones wings are flexing cuase the mclaren bi-plane wing is more visible to the video camera ....
same thoughts as well and does braking and turning cause it to pitch?

Apex

In my opinion the bridge is simply a structural member that allows the wing to pass static tests but while it generates its own downforce it allows the main plain of the wing to flex substantially to improve the overall performance of the wing.

I really hate it (as I do with other 'non movable' aerodynamic devices) , seems that if it's in the rules its ok, even if it's not in the spirit of F1.
Dont dream it, do it.

manchild

Sorry, I had some problems with posting.

siskue2005

modbaraban

RH1300S

Surely it can't be long before someone says something about this. Fits the same category as flexy floors, etc. etc.

chepoi

Yeah... Ferrari is always right.... keep on winning in "that way" of racing.

clearly that Ferrari has been defeated before not even the race but before the practice itself.

For me... there nothing to do with McLaren cheating... but it is because of the Ferrari overconfident during the last test day at Barcelona recently.

Go McLaren go!!!!!

Beat them in the race.... but before questioning about McLaren "flex-gate" thing......
answering the Ferrari flex-gate first... and the answer for Ferrari is the answer of McLaren also.....

Tom

This isn't a matter of supporting Ferrari over Mclaren, last year we all made alot of fuss over Ferraris wings flexing and alot of people said it was just because we were anti ferrari despite the hard video evidence in front of us all. Now we have the same evidence for a different team and some people are saying is ok if its Mclaren, they don't cheat as much as Ferrari.

You can't accept rule breaking just because its your team thats doing it, otherwise all the sport is lost from F1.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

allan

Some people's commnets show that they are f... up in the head...
what does ferrari has to do with mclaren's cheating??i don't really know what to say.. this is just plain stupidity

s91066

And I see that people who last year found all the regulations, explanations, videos, photographs and everything that could prove that Ferrari had a flexible wing, today, they say nothing...

Guys, the case is simple, I suppose. McLaren will race with that wing in Spain and FIA's reaction will follow, if any...

manchild

s91066 wrote:And I see that people who last year found all the regulations, explanations, videos, photographs and everything that could prove that Ferrari had a flexible wing, today, they say nothing...

Guys, the case is simple, I suppose. McLaren will race with that wing in Spain and FIA's reaction will follow, if any...
I said it was flexing on the previous page. I did rush into commenting without thinking and said that it flexes upwards because I didn't consider that car was breaking but I did say it is flexing.

FLC
FLC

I guess Ron's not just a crying baby anymore. He's hypocrite. Or so he's been since ever...

waynes

that flex is quite extreme, i think its more of a possible manufacturing fault (ie carbon fibre not thick enough)

Torso

If McLaren has a fast car...it usually is illigal or at least a rule bending...

like f.i the mechanical TC = third brakepedal and their LC of 98-00