good job super aguri

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jaslfc
jaslfc

good job super aguri

kinda boring race but take Ferrari and mclaren out of the picture.. would be one hell of a race!! but full credit goes to super aguri and sato for getting their first points!!!

checkered

Ahead of Honda, Spyker

and STR in the standings after four races, even if it's only by a single point. They're in a very strong position for such a team, ready to grab points whenever there are DNFs among the top 3 teams. Guess they'll be rewarded by better financing through the F1 revenue sharing scheme in 2008. Then we'll see whether they can improve with more folks on the payroll. They're going for it for sure.
"In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." - Yogi Berra

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Congratulations to SA and Sato on capturing the first point for SA. very well done. Notwithstanding that SA inherited a good car in last year's Honda, it still takes a good team to make it competitive and bring it home to show in the points. There's a lot of hard work behind this effort, I'm suitably impressed.

ds.raikkonen

yeah..SA right on top..even fisi cudnt get past him in the closing stages...his quick pit stop cost him the place...had to pit again for splash and dash..cant understand what they were doing?but even then Sato didnt let him blitz past..that was some driving!
another thing i heard from Steve Slater was that after winning a championship point, their transportation cost wont be charged or something like that?can anybody explain :?:
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

Im still bouncing off the walls :)

Very very happy for SA, great drives by both Taku & Ant.

Now come on AD, its your turn @ Monaco! :)
MMIAFN

overdrayv

Super Aguri celebrates 1st championship point!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBRN-HRBRhs

Principessa

And they attract James Rossiter as test driver
:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/5679

Congratulations Super Aguri with your first point!
Last edited by Principessa on 11 Jun 2007, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

m3_lover

ds.raikkonen wrote:yeah..SA right on top..even fisi cudnt get past him in the closing stages...his quick pit stop cost him the place...had to pit again for splash and dash..cant understand what they were doing?but even then Sato didnt let him blitz past..that was some driving!
another thing i heard from Steve Slater was that after winning a championship point, their transportation cost wont be charged or something like that?can anybody explain :?:
Renault had problems with there fuel rig on Fisi and Kov car's. They were not putting the correct amount of fuel in the car and Fisi had to come again to make sure he finish the race.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

modbaraban
modbaraban

Principessa wrote:And they attract Anthony Davidson as test driver
:arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/news/5679

Congratulations Super Aguri with your first point!
U meant James Rossiter :wink:

checkered

Well, I guess this is

"good job super aguri II" then. Daniel Audetto manages to sound slightly less audacious in restating his team's aim to take their first win in 2008.
"The team we have are very professional and very motivated. They work in the same direction, with no politics, no bureaucracy and no bullshit. We have had a team principal that really understands our business and we have a really good driver line-up."
Quote from autosport.com

tomislavp4

Stunning job, just keep it up =D>

fwa2500

fantastic job to SA! oand Williams too for that matter.....two underdog teams completly and utterly demolishing thier factory team counterparts :D

way to go guys!

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

Sato overtaking RS & FA was true class, just a shame AD took out the beaver as he'd have been up there too!

Has anyone seen a pic of the damage to AD's car?

On another SA note, I called the factory to see about getting a flag for when Im at Silverstone. the reply; 'SA F1 team do not manufacture team flags' :(

They should!!
MMIAFN

checkered

Well, I'm very sceptical

about manufacturing and buying merchandising, so good for SA, but as there seemed to be a handful of Super Aguri clad fans in Montreal, there are "fan products to be found". A few sites worth exploring if you're intent on getting something (There are obviously many more sites in Japanese, but since my prowess in that language - beyond much popularized phrases like "banzai" - is limited to noticing that they tend to answer the phone "moshe moshee", add "-des-kah" to many many words and refer to themselves as "Nihon-jin", I'll leave sorting that out to someone else):

Super Aguri Fans Club UK

Super Aguri Fan Club Italia (in English, though)

Anthony Davidson's site

Takuma Sato's European franchise

SA Stuff on EBay

Or how'bout having a flag printed by yourself? Can't be too hard to do. It could be humorous to sport a banner in Indy that read
Super Aguri 4 - Honda 0
too, but better not get them in any more trouble from their engine supplier as they are currently by the merit of their success ...

Fan Solo
Fan Solo

Hey Checkered thanks for the links, Im definitely thinking of making something too.

The flag is a possibility but did you see the SA fans in Canada with the Japanese Straw hats on? great idea I thought so a few of those will be in evidence if I can get my stencil making head on that is anyway.
MMIAFN