When Will The British F1 Media Explode????

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ciro Pabón

First, I like BBC. Second, Hamilton is the best driver since Schumacher arrived. Numbers are numbers, period. Let the british enjoy a little (those that can, anyway).

Third, sure, UK has tabloids.

Now, you dare to tell me that you don't have them in other countries... nor patriotic reporters.

Let me give you an example about the commentaries on the man from Oviedo:

"Fernando Alonso is god. He is the f*cking master. He is extra-cute. I love you more than anybody, may the little Virgin of Fatima protect you. You're the best pilot in the ENTIRE WORLD! Alonso is my idol, my inspiration, I'll never forget how you have changed my life. Thanks to Alonso I hope someday my dreams will come true. He is not only the son of an Asturian miner, he proves that our country is the best. Fernando, rosebud, we want a son from you!!"

On the other hand:

"I'm up to my bollocks of the SOBs that have no idea of Formula 1 and now have discovered the sport. Two days ago an spaniard steps on F1 and now you love him. In Spain and in F1, without Alonso we lived better. You make me puke, you disgust me. I'd like to see you the day Alonso does not win to see how many of you continue in F1..."

So, don't complain about british tabloids: you could be reading colombian ones! :lol:
Ciro

DaveKillens

I wonder how many recall when Mansell was the toast of the British press. It was the same thing, uncontrolled hero-worship by many who knew very little about racing.

waynes

DaveKillens wrote:I wonder how many recall when Mansell was the toast of the British press. It was the same thing, uncontrolled hero-worship by many who knew very little about racing.

and we have a winner

whiplash

DaveKillens wrote:I wonder how many recall when Mansell was the toast of the British press. It was the same thing, uncontrolled hero-worship by many who knew very little about racing.
Just like James Allan

ReyDelSol

ds.raikkonen wrote:ive signed too...it ll be a relief if they stop it! even Slater was jacking off all over the microphone when LH & Alonso were lapping others...im sick of it.
Ahhh... so THAT'S why his voice was shaking so much. :D

Glad to see I'm not alone, mate. I watch the GPs over Star, as well, and the burgeoning Hamy-Lovefest is a bit worrying.

p.s. I think Lewis is a fantastic driver.

ds.raikkonen

ReyDelSol wrote:Ahhh... so THAT'S why his voice was shaking so much. :D
:lol:
ReyDelSol wrote:p.s. I think Lewis is a fantastic driver.
No doubt hes good, but its other ppl who are making it look irritating
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

m3_lover

Is there any new sponsorship when Alonso joined Mclaren..like spanish sponsorship?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

ReyDelSol

ds.raikkonen wrote:
ReyDelSol wrote:Ahhh... so THAT'S why his voice was shaking so much. :D
:lol:
ReyDelSol wrote:p.s. I think Lewis is a fantastic driver.
No doubt hes good, but its other ppl who are making it look irritating
Exact-o-mundo.

rkn

m3_lover wrote:Is there any new sponsorship when Alonso joined Mclaren..like spanish sponsorship?
yup, Mutua Madrileña (law and insurance firm), Santander (consumer bank). Mutua Madrileña followed him from Renault.

wowf1

Is there any way we can petition to stop James Allen from talking when LH crosses the line for his first GP win? I remember sinking into my seat when Allen made 'that noise' when Jenson Button won his first GP - cringe cringe cringe. Much better would be for Martin Brundle to come up with a sensible, profound and meaningful statement than have James Allen guff all over it.

Maybe get Murray to pre-record a soundbite lol.

modbaraban

wowf1 wrote:Maybe get Murray to pre-record a soundbite lol.
They should get a DJ in the studio with M.Walker’s pre-recorded samples. One for the start, a couple for finish etc. Like “He’s going like a hot knife through butter there”. “He slA-A-Ams the door rudely at his FACE!!! :shock: ” etc.

PS: and “Go-Go-Go!!!” too