If rules were not change in 05 ???

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mahesh248

If rules were not change in 05 ???

Guys would renault have won 05 season if the rules were similar to that of 2004.As far i as know in 05 there was a change in rule for the amount of down force developed and several others.So what do u guys think ..?

zac510

2005 was most influenced by the tyre rule changes.

forzasab

I actually think it would've been between McLaren and Ferrari. The reason why i say Ferrari is that due to the shocking Bridgestones that year they were unable to find the flaws in their car and weren't able to develop at a rate they normally would any other year.
Find the line, the speed will come.

siskue2005

I personally think, if it was not that Massive New Tyre Rule, Ferrari and B'stones would have taken it.....They where soooo strong at 2004 , Almost 1 sec faster than everyone else...And Mclaren would have been close to them!
This so called Alonso wouldnot have won anything :roll:

Sawtooth-spike

I dont understand why these "what if" topics.

What if Senna was still alive would he of walked all over Schumi?

Thats happened as happend, Tyres where changes Ferrari sucked that year, Alonso Won, and last year he did the same again.

What if's are not really constructive unless they are about the future.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

mahesh248

all wanted to know is , what helped renault become world champions in 05 because ferrari were so strong in 04 i dint expect them to loose they way they did,not about alonso or senna ,m sure there they would int have won championships in car which runs a second slower than then contending car

ds.raikkonen

siskue2005 wrote:This so called Alonso wouldnot have won anything :roll:
Thats pretty harsh on FA, he did drive well that season(out of his skin), the batlle FA Vs KR was epic! And anyways, whoever gets the best out of the car crammed with rule restrictions always wins. Thats F1 for you. 'What if' does nt work here.
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

DaveKillens

It's convenient to blame a rules change on the disappointment felt by Ferrari fans. Yes, Ferrari and Bridgestone were handicapped by the one tire rule. But then again, they did it to themselves by becoming exclusive to each other. No sympathy on that one.
The truth is, thought, that Renault had been steadily improving each year, and in '05 they were better prepared, had a good enough car, and had a better strategy. They won, plain and simple.
And in '06 the one tire rule was no longer an influence, and yet again, Renault beat Ferrari. The truth may be a bitter pill to swallow, but in both years, Renault beat Ferrari. Period.

mcdenife

Dave wrote:
Just a thought.It's convenient to blame a rules change on the disappointment felt by Ferrari fans. Yes, Ferrari and Bridgestone were handicapped by the one tire rule. But then again, they did it to themselves by becoming exclusive to each other. No sympathy on that one.
Just a thought, does anybody else think that perhaps Renault are also suffering this year (as Ferrari did in 05) due to their relationship with Michelin which, while not as exclusive as the Ferrari/ Bridgestone one, was very close.
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

ds.raikkonen

Of course theyre suffering.. a lot at that!..even their engine customer Red Bull was nt happy, when DC's engine blew up in Bahrain, Renault engines are very reliable otherwise as seen in the past few years. The loss of Alonso has hit them hard I believe...although Heikki is very quick, he cant get the max out of the racer...like in Australian GP, he made at least 7-8 mistakes, spinning 360 at Jones chicane and giving that spot to Massa
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

mcdenife

Their suffering is not down to the engine and I think its unrealistic to put their current woes down to the loss of Alonso.
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

ds.raikkonen

mcdenife wrote:Their suffering is not down to the engine and I think its unrealistic to put their current woes down to the loss of Alonso.
Yes..it isnt, but from where Iam thinking, the loss of Alonso has effected them..drivers dont just drive their cars, they also help mechanics tune it. Alonso spent hours together with his mechanics and engineers discusssing and improvising his racer, always...that helps a lot, definitely.

mcdenife

Kovy, Fisi and the rest of the renault bunch must be idiots if they cannot get the car to work ok with the tyres since only Alonso can tell the engineers how to get the best out the tyres or resolve their aerodynamic problems to get the best out of tyres eh. or maybe you think with him they will at least be ahead of BMW seeing as only he can solve the fundamental problems with the car?

ds.raikkonen

I meant they are nt as good as FA..thats all, they re also racers, and are damn good at it..

mcdenife

Make up your mind it simple, Either losing Alonso is the root of their problems (why they are not in the top 3/4) or its not. Saying "I meant they are nt as good as FA..thats all" is a cop out and just going with the sound-bites or with tha flow. F1 ain't that simple.