M.Schumacher new Job

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
m3_lover

M.Schumacher new Job

It looks like Schumacher has a new job at ferrari. Photographers took this picture at the Nurburgring. Looks like he is testing out the 599 GTB

Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

manchild

Dial up users will like that 1 MB photo :roll:

tomislavp4

What´s the nylon for? I know that they use dark ones to cover the design from the photographers but you can see everything on this one :-s

cerebraljl

so debris from the track wont damage the paint job

tomislavp4

But only at the front? Why not on the sides, it can go there too

manchild

How could possibly nylon protect paint job from impact of stone at 100 or 200 kph?

I think that's sort of cover-up to prevent paparazzi from having opportunity to take clear pics before Ferrari allows it. Those squares of duct tape convince me even more in that.

tomislavp4

But the weird thing is that you can take pics at car shows, I have three clear pictures that I took a few weeks ago. So whats the point in covering on test drives but let the people take pics at car shows :roll:

djones

This car has been out ages. I can't see any reason at all to cover it up for anything other than protecting the paint.

Unless they have done it so everybody goes "whats all that about" instead of wondering why MS is driving it.

Tom

Perhaps its so as not to make too much mess incase MS tries to park it against the barrier and gets too close.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild

Perhaps it has to do with advertising/copyright/contract issues. I repeat once again - why would anyone put those strange duct tape squares if they only wanted to protect bodywork?

Tom

Perhaps its so as not to make too much mess incase MS tries to park it against the barrier and gets too close.

Take this horrible British automobile for example, with tape over the lights to stop them shattering and puncturing others tyres. Makes cleaning up after a crash that bit easier.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

djones

This doesn't really help but maybe the red squares are where the headlight washers are?

FLC
FLC

MS already said somewhere (I think it was in that roads safety thing press conference) that he was very interested in doing some work for Ferrari's road cars department. Maybe they are working on a track version of the 599 or something like that.

The nylon could be to avoid cleaning those little sticky bugs afterwards, it wont protect from stoned or other debris.

checkered

On the subject of Schu's

future employment ... have you seen this? Todt wants Schu to become team boss. I'm trying very hard not to be sceptical about this one, but really? In an adult sorta way, for real, really? Or is it just a way to signal to Ross Brawn that it's beginning to be about the time he has to indicate what he wants to do?

djones

I reckon he's going to come back to F1 but driving for BMW with Ross Brawn going there as well.

It's a long shot but it would be nice to see him back.