Hamilton to ferrari ...?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mahesh248
mahesh248

Hamilton to ferrari ...?

Rookie driver, Lewis Hamilton, has only raced in five Grands Prix, but the British media already links the youngster to Ferrari. According to 'The Times' and ' The Daily Mail', there are already lawyers looking into the possibility to break the long-term contract that Hamilton signed with McLaren as they are convinced that Kimi Raikkonen will be fired at Ferrari. If Hamilton really has intentions to leave the team that has supported him during his entire career and his mentor, Ron Dennis, is not clear.

Is this really happening ...? or just a joke ...woohaaaaa ....

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Nice idea but completely bonkers rumour.
Space must have been allocated in the papers to report on a win for LH at Monaco. They had to fill it with something I suppose. :lol:

modbaraban
modbaraban

lol :mrgreen:

West
West

There were rumors that Ferrari were going to build cars for every team, GM starting its own team, and Zsolt Baumgartner is actually Max Moseley's bastard son, but you never hear anything else about them.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

modbaraban
modbaraban

Also Honda plan to merge with Toyota. :idea:

Principessa

The British media is going crazy!! Where do the Times and Daily Mail get this??? In wonderland? :P

But as I wrote in my article, refering to these media, I think it's very unlikely that he'll leave McLaren as he signed a long term contract with the team that has supported and financed his career over all these years. I don't think he'll stab his mentor, Dennis, in the back at this time. It are rumours and we have to take it with a grain of salt, but I just wanted to report it to you guys...

mahesh248
mahesh248

Well its fun to read these kinda article sometimes

m3_lover

He has a contract with Mclaren until 2011
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

Principessa

I've read it's until 2010 :wink:

f1.redbaron

West wrote: and Zsolt Baumgartner is actually Max Moseley's bastard son, but you never hear anything else about them.
You've heard that one, too? :D :D :D

About Hamilton's contract - a few months back, F1 Racing magazine had reported (if I remember correctly), that Ron Dennis had signed a 99 year contract with Hamilton. While that doesn't mean that he will stay with McLaren forever, it means that Dennis will have a say in where Hamilton goes...and I'm not so sure that he would send him off to Ferrari just like that. I mean, the guys is 5/5 in terms of podium finishes.

That is, of course, if you trust F1 Racing (and my memory)

Principessa

f1.redbaron wrote:About Hamilton's contract - a few months back, F1 Racing magazine had reported (if I remember correctly), that Ron Dennis had signed a 99 year contract with Hamilton. While that doesn't mean that he will stay with McLaren forever, it means that Dennis will have a say in where Hamilton goes...and I'm not so sure that he would send him off to Ferrari just like that. I mean, the guys is 5/5 in terms of podium finishes.
That is, of course, if you trust F1 Racing (and my memory)
Did Ron Dennis became Hamilton's manager than by this contract? As this weekend, the commentator of Walloon TV said that Hamilton Sr. is the manager of Lewis and they are, at the moment, not looking for a professional manager.

naknak_56

Dont think he needs a pro manager as unless Mclaren start making cars like their 95-96 ones, then i cant see him wanting to go anywhere soon.
If you can read this your connection is faster than 56k

kurtiejjj
kurtiejjj

I like it hamilton to Ferrari! But sadly a completely ridiculous story!

f1.redbaron

Principessa wrote:
Did Ron Dennis became Hamilton's manager than by this contract? As this weekend, the commentator of Walloon TV said that Hamilton Sr. is the manager of Lewis and they are, at the moment, not looking for a professional manager.
You might be right. What the exact nature of their relationship is, I don't know for a fact. But I specifically remember reading that Dennis had signed Hamilton, a long time ago (back when he was just a kid...well, you know what I mean), and that he owns him for the next 99 years.

IIRC, the terms of the deal was that Dennis agreed to help him financially and try to push him into higher series (which he had, obviously done), and in return, Dennis would get the rights to Hamilton for the next 99 years (btw, I'm certain about the number).

Whether that made him Hamilton's manager or not, I don't know.

EDIT: I know that this is not going to be of much help to you, but I believe that it was one of the last summer's editions (June, July??)

manchild
manchild

Ralf to Mclaren! :lol: