Honestly, Monaco GP 2007 was a major disapointment

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Torso

Honestly, Monaco GP 2007 was a major disapointment

Honestly, the 2007 Monaco GP was the most boring race AND GP weekend so far this season. Probably the most uneventful Monaco GP I ever watched!

Ok so McLaren had a package way superiour of everybody else and they used team orders to get the maximum out of that situation... that doesn`t defend the rest of the grids "bus-driving". NO passing what-so-ever, noone evern tried a hot move!! WHat really happened since 2006? At least the we had this incredible Michael Schumacher providing a great show mving up the order by PASSING ON THE TRACK aswell as pushing a blistering pace every single lap of the race...

Massa was he ever pushing? And Kimi...cracked under qualifying already and did NOTHING in the race to make up for it..

Alonso..yeah right hehe was already gifted the win before the race ever started...so why was Hamilton even trying at times..Ron destroyed his strategy and k*lled his ambitions already

Jenson? Jenson who..was`he in the race? nah...I think he was in the bar all day, like David

Ok there was a glimse of Rubens...but just a glimse

no poit to go through them all...it only gets worse

I suggest the FIA drop Monaco from the calendar untill we have some RACEDRIVERS willing and ALLOWED to RACE in f1 again.

The most surreal thing about the 2007 Monaco GP was seeing Schumacher sitting in the Ferrari garage trying to stay awake for the camera...

I can hardly blame him...except for the fact that he certainly would have done a lot more good sitting in a racecar fighting than as a member og the pit-crew

Why are u not driving Michael, f1 needs u!!

mahesh248

The monaco Gp was what i expected, Dont expect what happen last year, coz there were two tyre companies and had different grip levels so we could expect some overtaking. This year all teams have Same tyres and the engine development is no more, If u dint notice in previous years the difference in lap timing of the front and back runner were more than 3 to 4 seconds,this is its not more than 2 to 3, they have shrunk the overall pace, i am sure we are not going to see much overtaking in this season or may be until 2010.

modbaraban

mahesh248 wrote:I am sure we are not going to see much overtaking in this season or may be until 2010.
modbaraban wrote:btw, there were 2 successful overaking manouvers (in Monaco) that the broadcasing director failed to spot (show)...

mini696

The director of the race was absolutly useless, he didn't focus on anything that was happening (eg when DC had a broken front wing, did he show that?... No). He made the race boring for the viewers.

This years tyre rules have also made passing harder.

Monaco should never be taken off the calender, its the only track with static (walls) that show the relative speed of the cars.

Ron didn't destroy anyones strategy, the strategy of both cars was to eliminate any effects of the safetycar. Hammi was ready to jump to a 2-stopper if the SC ever came out.

F1 does not need Michael. Even he wouldn't have been able to do much better than Kimi due to this years rules (tyres, rev limits etc).

PNSD

Re: Honestly, Monaco GP 2007 was a major disapointment

Torso wrote: Jenson? Jenson who..was`he in the race? nah...I think he was in the bar all day, like David

Ok there was a glimse of Rubens...but just a glimse
Ok, so you did not pay much attention, by the looks of it.

I have been getting quite annoyed with the JB bashing about places, because things said have not been true, look at the laptimes, then tell me he was slower than RB.

Fact is, he was the quicker. As in Sepang, and in Spain.

ReyDelSol

I know it's steeped in history, but for a sport that desperately needs on-track action, Monaco is as useful as a raincoat in midsummer.

And while it still continues to receive praise for the driver skill it demands, this very characteristic may ultimately be its downfall: the drivers spend more time fighting the track instead of other drivers.

Jersey Tom

I love when race-car-driver 'experts' talk bout stuff they have no idea about (referring to the OP)
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

ds.raikkonen

Id like to see the talent of F1 drivers in 2008 Monaco GP without traction control :twisted: :twisted:
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

GTO

I agree Monaco is quite routine esp. now with restricted engines & all. The car in front will always get on the power earlier & has to just keep his car on the inside line to the next corner. The combination of narrow road width & not enough straight line length will prevent even the quickest car to get past the slowest Super Aguri or Spyker.

I would not mind if F1 stops coming to Monaco. I liked Montezemolo comment. "Monte Carlo is a joke. It's not even a race, it's just a TV show," he said.

I hope the newly slected Singapore track will not be like this. Bo...Ring!

ReyDelSol

Jersey Tom wrote:I love when race-car-driver 'experts' talk bout stuff they have no idea about (referring to the OP)
OP?

West

ReyDelSol wrote:
Jersey Tom wrote:I love when race-car-driver 'experts' talk bout stuff they have no idea about (referring to the OP)
OP?
OP is "Original Poster;" i.e. the topic starter.

I agree though... the race was boring.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

ReyDelSol

West wrote:
ReyDelSol wrote:
OP?
OP is "Original Poster;" i.e. the topic starter.

I agree though... the race was boring.
Ahhh, I see.

Thank you, sir. :-)

Jersey Tom

I agree the race wasn't very interesting, and I look forward to seeing it without TC. I wouldn't mind a little less aero, more power, and no TC. I plan on making it out to the GP next year.

But seriously, dont talk --- about the drivers not trying or crap like Kimi "cracking under the pressure" and not getting back at it... especially if you've never driven a GP car, or anything remotely similar.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

manchild

Even when there's not much overtaking Monaco usually is a nice racing event to watch. What I object to 2007 TV coverage is lack of show in it. Director was simply following the cars somehow ignoring beauty of Monte Carlo, squares, yachts, girls... I also get impression that they've cut a lot of trees (perhaps I'm wrong) but if I can recall right Monte Carlo was greener before. When covering Monaco GP director must take completely different approach than one suitable for Sepang or Bahrain. It should remind on a documentary, give viewer impression that he is a part of it, causally following the race but with sort of party atmosphere.

Principessa