Swift Engineering

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
West

Swift Engineering

I have an interview with them on Friday. They found my resume on Monster.com and I never even applied to the place. I am very interested tho - they worked on the FW18, the Stewart-Fords of 97 and 98, and some of Jaguar's cars. They build Formula Atlantic cars, but I would be working on a different type of car. It would be much more interesting than my job.

http://www.swiftengineering.com

Advice would be great; I've had little engineering experience since graduation (although I have aerospace industry experience) and pretty much no experience w/ engines (they want me to work on fuel injectors).

Right after the interview, I'm driving straight to Vegas. Wish me luck (in both places).
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Carlos

Congratulations West - Although you haven't worked on engines - I wouldn't be concerned - Swift read your resume and they know you are qualified - ergo - interview :!: I remember a Swift chassis in Cart. Same company :?:
Fuel injectors, ports, airboxes - all interconnected and related to both CDF and engineering in some measure, wouldn't you agree :?: - Good Luck - and enjoy Vegas too :!:

Jersey Tom

Yea Swift has done Indy and Champ cars previously. Their last formula car would have been the 016a. My buddy Graham works at Swift, came on when they started doing the 016a. Since then has worked on assorted projects of theirs. They aren't huge into racecars anymore.

Met Rick Egan at the Denver GP a while back. Seemed like a funny enough guy.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.