Hekki To Williams?!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Giblet
Giblet

Hekki To Williams?!

I just heard on Speed by Peter Windsor that Flav wants to send Hekki to Willaims, leaving Alex Wurz possible in the dust, much like Nico has been so far.

So Piquet in for an even sillier beginning to the silly season?

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Why would Sir Frank want Heikki? He just had one very cheap driver get on the podium in Montreal, and a rookie scored a quiet 10th?
How about this ...... Heidfeld doesn't get a response from BMW and signs with Renault for '08....? Buh Bye Fisi, it's been nice.

pRo

DaveKillens wrote:Why would Sir Frank want Heikki? He just had one very cheap driver get on the podium in Montreal, and a rookie scored a quiet 10th?
I'm not sure how you define a rookie, but Nico did race full season last year in Williams and got a few points. 8)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

I stand corrected on Nico, he isn't a rookie. But unlike Heikki, he's more consistent.

waynes
waynes

DaveKillens wrote:I stand corrected on Nico, he isn't a rookie. But unlike Heikki, he's more consistent.
and quicker

pRo

Related to this topic, I was just browsing Die Welt, a german magazine.

They claimed that Kimi will be fired and Hamilton will take his place. :lol:

And yes, it was a serious article, not a joke. :roll:

waynes
waynes

pRo wrote:Related to this topic, I was just browsing Die Welt, a german magazine.

They claimed that Kimi will be fired and Hamilton will take his place. :lol:

And yes, it was a serious article, not a joke. :roll:
i think one of the reporters is a lurker on this forum and decided to run with a complete and utter wind up :D

Sawtooth-spike

hahahaha

So After spending all that money on kimi and Hamilton oweing almost everything he has to Big ron. They are going to do that?

And tomorrow i will racing flying pigs with Elvis.

Maybe i should be a motor sport report, i can make up stuff
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

f1.redbaron

I thought we agreed that there is no way that Ron would let Hamilton join Ferrari? Who is Ron going to get?

But, if Ferrari fires Raikkonen, Toyota will welcome him with arms wide open. :D

modbaraban
modbaraban

Kimi would rather join RedBull :roll:

Principessa

Re: Heikki To Williams?!

Giblet wrote:I just heard on Speed by Peter Windsor that Flav wants to send Heikki to Willaims
That is just CRAZY!! Flavio said after the race: "This is why we believe in Heikki" Why would he sent him to Williams than?? :roll:

pRo

More rumours...

Source which I usually trust said that people in Renault are actually wondering whether it was a good move to take a rookie to replace Alonso. Apparently there will be serious considerations about the rest of his season, if he doesn't do well in the next 4 races (starting from Canada, so 3 to go). Count it as a rumour, though I do believe it's more than that.

Also, apparently it is true that Briatore has discussed with Williams about the possibility of Heikki replacing Wurz. No decisions made, obviously, or it would be reliable news already.

I for one hope that Heikki improves enough to keep his place, if these are true in the first place.

Principessa

What kind of rubbish is that! They need young drivers....Alonso wasn't on fire during the first half of his rookie year and he gave them the championship 2 times...

I really don't know where all of this is coming from. Okay, he made some mistakes, but he already has 8 points, with a crappy car...I don't think that's bad. Fisico only has 5 more.

West
West

I guess it goes to show that it doesn't take a high school diploma to be an F1 journalist. Just say anything stupid related to F1 and it will be in the headlines tomorrow.

I'll start with...

Sato to Ferrari?!?
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

pRo

Principessa wrote:Alonso wasn't on fire during the first half of his rookie year and he gave them the championship 2 times...
As much as I like Heikki, I have to admit that he has been kinda slow and inconsistent. :?

Alonso did what he could on his rookie year and only lost once to his teammate in the race. After that he was a test driver for a year and the next year he took several podiums and even one victory against one pole by his team mate.

Okay, he made some mistakes, but he already has 8 points, with a crappy car...I don't think that's bad. Fisico only has 5 more.
While 8 points is actually great for a rookie, it's a lot less than his team mate. And TBH, who thinks Fisi is fast? :? And also, the 4th in Canada wasn't really a great work by him, was it? He was roughly a second slower than Fisi all the time. :?

Needless to say, I cheer for him, my avatar should really tell all about it anyway. But right now things aren't looking too good for him. I hope they do look better in the future. 8)