Hekki To Williams?!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
vyselegend

pRo wrote: And TBH, who thinks Fisi is fast?
I do.
And more importantly, Renault does.

Fisi developped a strong driving skill during his first years, a driving style which is very smooth on the tyres and very precise on the racing lines. Also, he was able to be very consistant during stints.
Then came the Renault-Michelin combo, and Fisi became inconsistant, and hardly fast enough to stay with his team mate.
I don't pretend to be a good analyst, but it seems to me that Michelin was the wrong factor for Fisi, not Alonso himself! I think the front Bib tyres provided some amazing grip and durability, allowing drivers with "kart-style" driving to force the car into the corner faster than a "good Bridgestone driver" would dare to. As allways with this explaination, people mocked Fisi "excuses again!" etc...
But in the end it seems true. I dare you to find a moment in any races so far where Fisi was underperforming (yes Spain wasn't bright but it's the team who was wrong).

On the other hand, show me what remain of Alonso's driving superiority now that Bibendum has gone.
He, who has done only one mistake in two years (Canada 2005), is now in the grass several time during almost every GP, and is outperformed by an ex-GP2 driver!
I think there are other relevant exemple of drivers who exploited the Michelins tyres well and now struggle on the Bridges :Kubica, Raikko (& kovalainen?)

Before this Michelin reign, Fisi was said to be the best driver from his pairs, be carefull because I think he's back to his normal game now, and if the car was good enough, he'd fight for victory with no doubt.
Only thing that annoy me with Fisi is his apparent lack of real ambition/ motivation, that is needed to win a championship.

Sorry that was a bit of a long way just to say Kova is struggling to beat a very strong team mate, not a looser as some people would like to believe...

Sawtooth-spike

[quote="vyselegend"]
Only thing that annoy me with Fisi is his apparent lack of real ambition/ motivation, that is needed to win a championship.
[quote]

This is why i dont rate him, because he does not seem to fight, if it goes wrong he just drives around the track collects his money and leaves.

He is Fast on his Day and yes he has what it takes to win races, But its only when the mood takes him.

Winners Fight to win no matter what they have underneath them, where they start on the grid and what boots they have on the car.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

checkered

Well, I didn't know

what to think when I saw this speculation surface for the first time. All I knew was that it seemed to be a knee-jerk proposition I could hardly believe Renault was contemplating seriously. Then again, stranger things have happened. Anyway, as the team bosses of both teams finally commented on the whole thing, on the record, it was delightful how their personalities were reflected in the responses.

Quote from pitpass.com:
When put to him Briatore described the idea as "mad", adding that the whole story is "bullshit".

Williams described the story as "pure speculation, completely unfounded and categorically not the case."
:)