Alonso pulls an "ALONSO"!!!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
pRo

ginsu wrote:It sounds to me like Lewis is really keeping his cool on this one, and Fernando is getting into a hissy fit...
That's a typical difference between UK and spanish guys. The latter says what he thinks, the first thinks what he should say. It's also often difficult for us "thinkers" to understand that everyone isn't like us. They may say something and already forget it during the next sentence, while we focus on it and wonder about it for days.
(kinda like the difference between men and women and we're being the woman here :lol: )

I'm sure Alonso thinks about plenty of stuff that would make a tiny storm in the glass of F1 water. I'm sure Hamilton does the same. Well, he kinda already did with the team order comments. We really shouldn't dig too deep into everything they say. Lets just focus on what happens on the track.

There are different people in this world, long live the difference! 8)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

modbaraban

:)

m3_lover

That is Halirious where did you find that?
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

f1.redbaron

One of the funniest things I've seen lately.

Based on "strada privata", I'm guessing that it came from an Italian newspaper.

modbaraban

m3_lover wrote:That is Halirious where did you find that?
from here: http://www.racesimulations.com/forums/v ... 11443.html

nudge

i donno why people get so upset by the odd seeminggly stupid remark by a driver. they all are arrogant by nature, they have to be.
alonso, for the most part, is still driving well ... he can moan all he likes so long he performs on track.

the most stupid thing he has said, which some on here seem to agree with, is that lewis has more support because he is british in a british team. He, being an old pro, should really know better... nobody in any team gives a stuff of the drivers nationality

mx_tifoso

pRo wrote:That's a typical difference between UK and spanish guys. The latter says what he thinks, the first thinks what he should say.
Do you really think that stereotyping these two people based on their nationalities is "fair judgement"? I'm sure that just because FA does what he does not every other Spanish person acts in a similar way. Same goes for LH.

They are individuals, not clones of every Spanish and Englishmen you have met during your lifetime.

BTW, what is your nationality pRo? :roll:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

pRo

mx_tifosi wrote:
pRo wrote:That's a typical difference between UK and spanish guys. The latter says what he thinks, the first thinks what he should say.
Do you really think that stereotyping these two people based on their nationalities is "fair judgement"? I'm sure that just because FA does what he does not every other Spanish person acts in a similar way. Same goes for LH.
Yeah, it does seem fair, cause they are such a good examples of their nationalities. 8)

Of course everyone isn't similar. But many are. There is a big difference between southern and northern europeans. And I don't mean either in a bad way. They are just different. And the one thing I don't think is fair is that the other is judged by his normal behaviour by the other. You should check the spanish media, who thinks Alonso is the "normal" one and Lewis is a freak doing weird stuff. :lol:

BTW, what is your nationality pRo? :roll:
It's not really related to this, is it? Lets see if you can guess it through my behaviour. ;)

modbaraban

nudge wrote:... nobody in any team gives a stuff of the drivers nationality
...except for the sponsors (who pay the bills).

Lurch

i personally think that Alonso has badly misinterpretted all of the effort going into lewis hamilton....

I have no doubt that he's probably had more mechanics working with him...around him...advising him...telling him what to do...but he's the rookie! Wouldn't you expect that??? He's never driven a formula one car before...you'd of thought that alonso would just be a bit better at slipping into an F1 car and knowing, roughly what he's going on about...

of course he's got to learn his new car etc and talk to his new mechanics and set the car up to him etc etc etc but still...at least he's driven one of the bloody complicated beasts before...

i think because he's now losing at a game he didn't think he'd be losing that he's trying to understand why and how....and for a man thats used to being at the top then that can be very frustrating...and coming from a world champion saying that your just being outdone by sheer talent might be a bit much to bear...excuses always fly at these points as it's a way of self justification...but who knows...lots of races to go... :D

Tom

I don't understand why we're all suddenly going from technical info about F1 cars to human phycology.

Look at it this way, a driver is a human being (except MS who was a pod-person) and when under alot of strain (for example 50 laps of a hot, tough race circuit demanding much concentration and physical energy) they make decisions which would seem odd to people under little strain watching from the sidelines, i.e. an F1 spectator.
Fernando made a split second decision under pressure to vent some of his frustration in a little swerve across the track. Perhaps he regretted it as soon as he did it, perhaps not, we'll never be sure, however when the pressure was removed he probably didn't know why he did it and his team understood this so they made an excuse for him. Seem reasonable?

And pro, I'm going for Finnish, or Scandinavian at least.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Lurch

Tom wrote:I don't understand why we're all suddenly going from technical info about F1 cars to human phycology.

Look at it this way, a driver is a human being (except MS who was a pod-person) and when under alot of strain (for example 50 laps of a hot, tough race circuit demanding much concentration and physical energy) they make decisions which would seem odd to people under little strain watching from the sidelines, i.e. an F1 spectator.
Fernando made a split second decision under pressure to vent some of his frustration in a little swerve across the track. Perhaps he regretted it as soon as he did it, perhaps not, we'll never be sure, however when the pressure was removed he probably didn't know why he did it and his team understood this so they made an excuse for him. Seem reasonable?

And pro, I'm going for Finnish, or Scandinavian at least.
Because technology is not the only factor driving an F1 car...it's the person behind the wheel as well...and i wasn't even talking about his fist shaking incident...i was merely saying that i think some of comments are not tottally unfounded (about the more effort going into lewis's side of the garage) but i think that he has got the wrong end of the stick as to why...

F1 Observer

Interesting enough I thought everyone would criticise Alonso for whining and complaining in the way he did, but he actually found some backing in people like Alain Prost and Juan Pablo Montoya, people who worked under Dennis and two motorsport greats.

pRo

Tom wrote:And pro, I'm going for Finnish, or Scandinavian at least.
Very good! Living in Finland these days, born in Sweden. 8)

DaveKillens

Sure, Fernando made a statement a lap after Lewis denied him a pass.
After observing the current champion, it's obvious he has a temper, and accepts nothing less than winning. But he's also learned a lot about psychology and politicking, especially having to compete for resources against a teammate.
My take on Alonso's recent whining is that he's working at establishing a presence against who is his obvious competitor this year, Hamilton. Alonso knows very well how tough a season is, and how hard you have to fight to earn the WDC. If he lays down and allows Hamiltonmania to engulf the entire team, he's toast.
What happened at the USGP was an emotional reaction in the heat of the moment, but with the press, that's cold-blooded calculated press manipulation, in the best tradition of many greats such as Schumacher, Prost, and Senna.