The US Grand Prix

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Militia Est Vita

Even better - USGP will move south to Las Vegas or Laguna Seca so it will be close to you
Yeah, that'll be nice, I even read somewhere that Eccleston talked about a race in New York, sure that won't happend but it would be really cool :D

I have to agree with vyselegend, It will take time for everybody, specially Kimi to get used to Ferrari. However, It sure is very easy not being motivated in his situation, after being frustrated of not making any championships with Mclaren, moving to Ferrari who has been very quick in the last few years, and now Mclaren is back in good shape and Ferrari not so good. Poor Kimi :roll:

Venom
Venom

Militia Est Vita wrote: Yeah, that'll be nice, I even read somewhere that Eccleston talked about a race in New York, sure that won't happend but it would be really cool :D
It's very possible, and eveything depends on how much cash Bernie can earn from it.
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

Militia Est Vita

Venom wrote:
Militia Est Vita wrote: Yeah, that'll be nice, I even read somewhere that Eccleston talked about a race in New York, sure that won't happend but it would be really cool :D
It's very possible, and eveything depends on how much cash Bernie can earn from it.
Fingers are crossed!! :D

modbaraban
modbaraban

:lol: :lol: :lol:

allan
allan

Alonso did wave his hand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7jLZrouKXc
NO COMMENT :?

ginsu
ginsu

wow, i can't believe alonso is turning out to be such a baby. i thought he was pretty spot on last year with some of his comments, but when the fight is fair, and he loses, he doesn't know how to react....and it's affecting his racing really dramatically with all those stupid swerving maneuvers he does! what does he do that for? he loses tons of speed when he does that and picks up a bunch of dirt and marbles making him even slower.

i just can't figure out why he doesn't learn from Lewis Hamilton...keep the racing line no matter what! don't budge from the racing line unless it's to block somebody. IMO, Lewis is textbook, he hasn't done anything special besides make no mistakes, so there's no reason why Alonso can't beat him. it's not like Lewis drives some crazy style that nobody else can manage to accomplish. alonso, learn to compete by driving faster!!!
I love to love Senna.

F1 Observer
F1 Observer

I can't believe the hypocrisy reigning today in F1.

- Senna couldn't stand Prost and Prost was uncomfortable having Senna around, both on and off track.It remains the classic and legendary example of bitterness and rivalry.

- Piquet hated Mansell's guts and vice-versa.

My guess is that Lewis and Fernando aren't all that keen on one another but they're obliged to hug, give Zetsche a hi 5 and smile for the cameras like one big and happy family?! :roll:

God how I miss the eighties!!! If Salazar had taken out Piquet's Brabham this decade, before punching one another they had to consult their respective marketing departments and spin doctors! :?

F1 Observer
F1 Observer

Finally someone with the balls to call this cooling nonsense off! Norbert Haug, interviewed by german TV channel RTL

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/ ... 0204.shtml

Ciro Pabón

Geriatric Harry Potter!

Bernie Ecclestone awoke to a hostile American media on Sunday morning after suggesting that formula one can live without its annual visit to the States.

The F1 supremo, who earlier described the US grand prix as "not vital", had declared at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Saturday evening that his American hosts "haven't done anything" to get behind his series, which in decades of history and eight years at its current venue has failed to break the US market.

Ecclestone, 76, was speaking after three meetings with Indy's Tony George this weekend failed to result in the extension of the expiring GP contract.

A writer for the local Post-Tribute responded: "Yeah, Bernie, you can go to Russia or India, but in what country does Ferrari, your biggest car owner, sell its most cars?

"That's America, in case you had a brain freeze."

Even a writer for the usually supportive Indianapolis Star headlined that "Arrogant F1 should hit road out of Indy".

"I've got advice for (Tony) George. Learn how to say 'Bite me' in all the languages of today's F1 drivers.

"They are the Guests From Hell. And it's time for them to leave.

"Let me mention something to F1: Nobody outside of Indy cares about this race. And the truth is, very few inside of Indy care about this race."

A journalist for ESPN, the dedicated sports-related network, even described Ecclestone as a "man who looks like a geriatric Harry Potter".
Well, as I've read elsewhere, "Tony George doesn't rip off the fans, and relies on numbers more than outrageous prices like Silverstone etc, and the facilities are second to none.

The only " Although" to that, is the fact that the Locals jam the prices of Hotels, car hire etc up by 400%, that weekend, but that's not Tony's doing."
Ciro

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

@ Ciro's post.

I'm glad that everyone here in the US is'nt standing for all the that nonsense from Bernie. As he goes to each GP he says similar stuff, "if you don't do this or that we will take our show somewhere else". He's more or less a bully, probably because he himself was bullied at a young age (I really think so!). So as he can tell, very few people in American motorsport care if F1 stays or goes, this crap from Bernie will not be taken seriously, I hope.
He's become very scenile, retirement as soon as possible should be his next step.

In addition, when I attend my first F1 GP I am planning it to be at a legendary European F1 circuit. So whether the US GP stays or goes, it doesnt bother me at all. I have come to believe that I'm one of the only 5* people that like F1 here in the states!

* Maybe a bit exaggerated :lol:, but very close.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

geoclassic
geoclassic

I've been to both Indy and Montreal, I'll take Montreal!

Lurch

allan wrote:Alonso did wave his hand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7jLZrouKXc
NO COMMENT :?
Someone suggested he was tearing off a ripoff off his visor..can't make it out but i do see something flapping away...not sure though...

seems like it's a not particuarly angry wave though if that what it was meant to be :?

modbaraban
modbaraban

Way too far from the visor... doesn't look angry though...

Militia Est Vita

Re: Geriatric Harry Potter!

Ciro Pabón wrote:Well, as I've read elsewhere, "Tony George doesn't rip off the fans, and relies on numbers more than outrageous prices like Silverstone etc, and the facilities are second to none.
I have always tought one of the nicest things about Indy GP is that you can get to see a F1 GP for les than $200, you can't beat that, the closest thing in Montreal is close to $350 plus it is a much more expensive city (of course it is much cooler than Indy, the whole city goes F1 mad for a whole week :D ) and I sitll think it's pretty sad that because of Ecclestone's arrogance we are about to be ripped off from an affordable and very nice GP in Noth America. I even think that if we ever get a GP in Mexico (whcih I see too complicated) in let's say Cancun, the prices are still going to be outrageous, even for most people in Mexico It would be cheaper to see F1 action at Indy with travel expenses and all that stuff.

nudge
nudge

some of the criticism of alonso is just ridiculous imo. i didnt see him do anything wrong. i think whitmarsh hit the nail on the head and it was alonso just trying to get in lewis's mirrors...nothing wrong with that.
as to the gesture, it occures to me that there isnt even anyone on the pit wall at indy...just who was he supposed to be gesturing to?