F1 Testing at Silverstone (19-20-21/06)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
fraggle

F1 Testing at Silverstone (19-20-21/06)

manchild

Thanks Fraggle! I thought you won't show up here again 8)

Venom

I am thinking on going tommorow, not sure if the entrance is free as few of us would go, but not everybody agrees to pay.
The trouble with the rat-race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.

checkered

If you do

go, try and see what Honda is doing. They're about to roll out their "B-spec" for the first time.

Militia Est Vita

And get some pics too! :D

mx_tifoso

Awesome pix Fraggle! Your membership here is very much appreciated! :wink:

I have been looking for Silverstone pix since yesterday and haven't been able to find any decent ones, until I looked in this thread of course (and of course, these you have shown us are beyond decent!).

Muchas Gracias :!:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

modbaraban

checkered wrote:If you do

go, try and see what Honda is doing. They're about to roll out their "B-spec" for the first time.
That should be a long way to 'go, try and see' :lol:

they're in Jerez with SAF1 :wink:

Tom

Some stunning photos there, what camera are you using?
Thanks for those.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Lurch

some fantastic pics there...

do you have to have a press pass to get that close to the cars whilst in the garages or is it free reign during testing periods??

Don't know why but thought the teams would want to keep developments more under wraps than they were doing...

joseff

Tom wrote:Some stunning photos there, what camera are you using?
EOS 350D/Digital Rebel XT with 17-85mm IS for the pit walk, 75-300mm for the track shots.

Am I close?

checkered

An interesting quote

from Kovalainen about what they've been doing recently:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/60005
"It was not really only about the tyres we found it difficult to come to terms with. Do you remember last year in the end, our development slacked a bit compared to Ferrari? Well, we went back as far as that to really understand the problem of this year and I think we are getting there."
No wonder then, that they've recently had a front wing very much like that of their 2005 version. Undoing TMD related designs and "restarting" the design evolution from there?

modbaraban

checkered wrote:No wonder then, that they've recently had a front wing very much like that of their 2005 version. Undoing TMD related designs and "restarting" the design evolution from there?
I think that is more low DF - low drag related move. They had similar wing for NA GPs last year too.

The double wing is back now as well as cut-through T-wings, curved rear wing etc. seen before Canada.

checkered

I wasn't referring solely

to the wing, just gave it as an example of a wider philosophy Renault has adopted in order to take the development work forward, so I doubt we're discussing the same thing here. I think you'll find even the double wing solution they're using now is derived from earlier developments than what was introduced at the beginning of the year, though it isn't very obvious to the eye. I'm acutely aware of the different DF requirements on different circuits and my economy of words merely corresponded to what I perceive as the required accuracy in this environment to put an observation or notion forward for further consideration.

modbaraban

checkered wrote:...my economy of words merely corresponded to what I perceive as the required accuracy in this environment to put an observation or notion forward for further consideration.
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ronspeak.php =D>

Sawtooth-spike

what happend to honda? i thought they were testing all there new parts this week?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!